[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Evolved ~ Amazon Echo's Only Assistant with Robust Scheduling and Flexible Reporting

I don’t know about webCoRE, I will pick @ady624 's brain as soon as webCoRE hits the public release, as I don’t rhink he has any time now. But we may be able to work something out between RemindR and EchoSistant v5. I really like the idea, but the user has to have total control over what the carry on message wiill be. Ha, you just coined the term too… Carry On Mode. Love it!

1 Like

Will do when I get back … unfortunately after posting this I had to get on a short notice business trip - will be in Australia and NZ for a couple weeks …

Have a safe trip!

hey guys, Thanks for all the work put into this app. I am quite impressed.

When I select on CONFIGURE PROFILES in the EchoSistant App I am getting an error message that says “Somethings Wrong” We can’t load your screen right now.

While I was doing the install i had created two very basic profiles. I am not sure if this did something that I have to redo.

Any ideas?

Scratch that, it works now. I am not sure why but it seems like going to get a beer did the trick.

1 Like

A cold beer always does the trick!

Thanks for the kind words and we are glad that you’re enjoying the app!

1 Like

A quick update about the state of the new EchoSistant version. As many of you may recall, we were hoping to release the new version at the begining of July. If you are wondering what is going on, I am happy to announce that with @coreylista 's help, we have decided to rebuild the app from the ground up, so we can deliver a truly exceptional user experience.

While work on the new version is well underway, we expect to have a finished product in a few weeks. Thank you for your patience; we can assure you, v5 is well worth the wait. Team EchoSistant is very enthusiastic and eager to share what we’ve been working on, as soon as possible…

7 Likes

Update on Josh.ai as mentioned by @WB70 not too long ago… How would you like to pay 10,000 so you can get ES like features? Lol…

For instance, you can tell Josh to “turn it off,” and it will know what “it” means because it remembers what it had turned on before. Or you can say, “it’s hot in here,” and Josh will know how to adjust your thermostat.

1 Like

Is there only one child app that needs to be installed in the IDE? The link for the mandatory child apps goes to a list of links in the wiki and It’s unclear which one to use. I tried a few and installed one that installed as “Echo : Profiles”. Is this correct? and is this the only one?
I ask because when I go to get the token and id. the token is just listed as “null”
(Edit: the token popped up, so that’s all good now)
Also, EchoSistant Groovy is not available. Is this an error or is it not used anymore?

I’ve had issues with this before… why won’t it let me change the timeout in the lambda function?
(Edit: Got it)

1 Like

this is what I get in the test… any ideas?

Make sure you update the ARN

confirmed, still nothing

[quote=“Tvot84, post:815, topic:81849”] , still nothing
[/quote]

Make sure sure token/smart app in Lambda are correct… Where are you located?

I’m located in the U.S.
I never got the test to work properly, but it seems to be working through Alexa now. Not sure what happened.

1 Like

Followed the instructions and all looks ok.

On the Service Simulator (testing) if i type turn on {device name}

the lambda request and response both populate correctly but the device doesnt turn on. Typing this is a test also gets the congratulations screen

any ideas?

Did you select the devices in the app?

ye the switches and lights are selected in the allow list.

does it matter that i dont have a Echo Dot yet? It should be here tomorrow i was just configuring Echosistant ready

if i test the command ‘is the {door name} open?’ it responds - ‘no, the {door name} is not open, anything else?’

No, it doesn’t matter about the dot…

Did you update your list of devices and ensure the devices you selected are in there?

ye i just tried removing and selecting again. same issue. Door and presence sensors seem ok. just switches/lights.

On the Test screen the bottom box ‘Echo SHow Render Response’ is empty for the lights.

{
  "response": {
    "outputSpeech": {
      "type": "PlainText"
    },
    "card": {
      "title": "EchoSistant Control",
      "type": "Simple"
    },
    "speechletResponse": {
      "outputSpeech": {},
      "card": {