[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Evolved ~ Amazon Echo's Only Assistant with Robust Scheduling and Flexible Reporting

My bad. Bonehead rookie move. I was trying to mute the room rather than the sound device itself. All solved. Thanks ans sorry for the false alarm.

1 Like

Today it was brought to my attention that some believe this app to be an “Edge Case” that doesn’t really fit the mainstream way of doing things.

I just want to say, I embrace that as the highest level of compliment.

This app was born from ideas that were shot down as not useful, not forwarding the purpose, and down right not even possible. It was born from creative ideas that were not listened to or even understood. But now those ideas have proven themselves and now those ideas are being duplicated.

So, to all of the users out there that are wanting that off the wall use, that crazy one of a kind idea, that thing no one thinks is possible…

Bring it on! I welcome your crazy ideas.

Let’s make something incredible even more so!

5 Likes

Another round of highly requested features for the the Notification Add-on…Update - R.0.1.0 adds the following:

• Reports Preview - so we can see what the report looks like right after we build it

• Retriggers - so we don’t miss events if we are not in the room…(reminders can be added up to every 3 hours - requires a sunset (total number of reminders before they are unscheduled) -

Have a great weekend!

3 Likes

…and another Notification Add-on sought after Feature… “Conditional Notifications”.

Examples:

• Alert me IF contact opens (trigger) ONLY if motion is active (restriction).
  • Notify me IF motion is active (trigger) ONLY if the door is open (restriction).
  • Alert me IF there is motion (trigger) ONLY if no one is home (restriction).

There are currently 4 conditions (restrictions) available:

switches (on or off)
motion sensors ( active or inactive)
contact sensors (open or closed)
presence sensors (present or not present)

To configure restrictions for a trigger, first update the Notifications Add-on app, then head to the “Use these restrictions,” and look for the “Device Status” sections. Enjoy!

1 Like

Nice addition! Very useful.

Something in really glad that we have done is that no matter what feature had been added, everything has held true to the basic purpose of the app…

Every aspect is based around and enhances communication.

EchoSistant had definitely matured into an extremely powerful and useful tool.

2 Likes

Question… is there functionality in echosistant to turn a light on for a set period of time.

For example “Alexa, turn on the light in the bedroom for 5 minutes”

No… I had the use case in the back of my mind, never coded it in though…

looks like you have some work to do, lol.

2 Likes

but you can do it from the main intent.

Alexa, tell home to turn off the corner light in five minutes

It’s a matter of semantics here :slight_smile: (on) after 5 min vs. (off) after 5 min…

I like on FOR five minutes. Then we only give one command.

The light is off.

Alexa, turn on the bedroom lights for five minutes.

In five minutes they turn off.

But. If the light is already on…

Alexa turn off the bedroom lights in five minutes.

Guess we have to do both.

3 Likes

I am having an issue on follow up commands. For example:

Me - “Alexa, tell home to turn on the living room lamp.”

living room lamp comes on

Alexa - “Would you like anything else?”

Me - “No”

Alexa - “I’m not sure what you are asking, please try again.”

Is “no” not an appropriate response?

Yes, that is definitely the right response. But I have noticed follow up commands are not detected by the Alexa devices as well as the first commands.

When you say no, look at the device and speak clearly and loudly.

This is often the case for me when there is other noise in the room, or I mumble.

You have to speak loud, I have this issue all the time.

I just think she’s like any other woman… She doesn’t like to be told no!

5 Likes

It seems she heard me say no. Is there something else I could have out of whack?

Yeah, something is not working right on your end … But cannot think of what that might be :frowning:

@c.nick777 what did you ask before you said no (could you please post that cord?)

Here is how it should look:

Sorry, I cannot replicate this in any way :slight_smile: Please make sure you have everything up to date. I’d like to see ide logs from the Echosistant app. If you could take a snapshot that would be very helpful.

@c.nick777

Is this occurring every time?
How long have you had ES installed?
Did it work before today?