[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Evolved ~ Amazon Echo's Only Assistant with Robust Scheduling and Flexible Reporting

I am in the process of installing the EchoSistant app but it won’t let me get past the part where I need to enable OAuthorization. I believe I have installed everything correctly, the main EchoSistant App and the children apps. I installed and published the EchoSistant VDH as well.

It actually seems to give me a Client ID and Secret, but then says “Access Denied” and won’t actually do it.

I believe I just saw an issue that this is a SmartThings issue right at the moment and they are working on it.

1 Like

This was a post over in NST Manager 5 hours ago:

8BitNinja
5h
Getting the message below trying to enable OAUTH and clicking UPDATE. Will search the thread in the meantime…

OAuth Client ID: -removed-

OAuth Client Secret: -removed-

Access Denied

We’re sorry, but you are not authorized to perform the requested operation.

Where did you see this? Their status page says all is well… I had a feeling it might be something like that… I knew I shouldn’t have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything… well practice makes perfect I guess!

Thanks

1 Like

And this is a follow up reply that they received from Support:

From support:

I’m sorry to hear this is affecting you.

The issue lies with all custom SmartApps currently that need to “Update”.

We are aware of the issue and are working on correcting it as we speak.

I will follow up with you once it’s been corrected.

No I didn’t see it on the Status page either. They prolly havent updated it yet.

For the posts I pasted above you can see them at the bottom of the MOST Manager thread, here:

Ok, I think I know whats going on… @coreylista could you please see if you can enable the oauth on Notification add-on to confirm my theory…

Same error… but do I need to publish that app first and then try again?

EDIT: Publishing made no difference… still get the Access Denied…

Bobby, this is the same error that the guy posted that led up to the support ticket. Same error that Corey is experiencing but different app:

This was a post over in NST Manager 5 hours ago:

8BitNinja
5h
Getting the message below trying to enable OAUTH and clicking UPDATE. Will search the thread in the meantime…

OAuth Client ID: -removed-

OAuth Client Secret: -removed-

Access Denied

We’re sorry, but you are not authorized to perform the requested operation.

It seems to generate the codes, just doesn’t apply them to the app.

No, was just testing a theory… I updated the Notification app earlier and got a weird message that ST updated something to the app, which I never seen before. Was wondering based on this…

If we developers need to do something on the back end… to initialize ST changes, of which we weren’t aware…or notified.

Well I’d think they could at least make some kind of update on the status page since its been over 6 hours…

Hang in there Corey. Know that you are not alone.

Let’s see if @8BitNinja has gotten an update from Support.

Ninja, Corey here is getting the same error that you are receiving in NST Manager for the OAuth Enable and wanted to see if you received any updates or an ETA on when ST will have this fixed.

We didn’t see it reported on the Status page and that was like 6 hours ago when you encountered this.

1 Like

No worries… I can wait… but updates never hurt anyone… Just wish I wouldn’t have uninstalled everything and waited till we got an all clear! :grin:

1 Like

Lol - hindsight is 20 / 20

I’ll just start messing with my Wink Relay tonight… Echo can wait for now… lol

2 Likes

FYI: I would reinstall the main app and the Profile child app again. Those are the only two apps you need to get started. The other child apps are optional and you can come back for those later.

1. Create and publish the Main EchoSistant Application just don’t enable OAuth until we get confirmation that it’s fixed
  2. Create the Profile smart app (child) - this one just needs to be saved, not Published

Once this OAuth issue is resolved, then you can enable that, then go into ST and create the Profile as per install instructions. Then you can move onto the AWS account and the Amazon Developer account and perform all those functions.

Then once you have tested everything successfully, you can come back and add the other 3 optional child apps and the virtual presence device handler if you want.

I’m giving you the quick and dirty install tips and tricks. We are currently working on other features along with the entire Installation guide being redone to get you through this process a lot more efficiently. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got the Ask Alexa running last night so I though I’d try EchoSistant and compare the two. The install process is a little more involved that most people can handle, but its rewarding when you get it all working!

Thanks for your help!

3 Likes

I will let the developers Bobby and Jason speak to this. There are some things in the very near future coming to ES that will simplify a lot of the processes that have to be performed now.

If you experience any other issues, these guys are great about getting back to you to make sure you get up and running.

1 Like

Haven’t heard anything back yet. I’m not sure how true the statement is that they’ll inform me when things are fixed…

1 Like