[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Evolved ~ Amazon Echo's Only Assistant with Robust Scheduling and Flexible Reporting

Hey, sorry… had to drop out for a bit.

It is ok if you publish all of the apps. it does not hurt anything. They just show up in the ST mobile app under the my smartapps section.

Once you’ve updated the info for the github, save and publish the app. They should show up then.

@WB70

I am not seeing any names in the GitHub repository for any of the apps even though i have them added. I’ll try to search for a fix for that issue.

Yeah, there was an issue a while back. I completely disables and then enabled my github integration to fix it for me.

Thanks for the update Jason.

He has the Github Repository saved in all of his Applications, yet it isn’t displaying in ANY of his SmartApps in the Column for Github Repository

try logging out and then back in.

Here is the thread when that happened back in April:

I searched through the threads and the issue with the Links going blank was a SmartThings issue and they resolved it on the backend. Nothing a user had to do. Here is a snippet of those replies:

AllJetNoPilot29d
Just heard back from Support:

Thank you for contacting SmartThings and for making us aware of the problem and for the screen shots. There is currently a known issue with the Github integration that is being actively addressed by the SmartThings development team. I have flagged your account so that you will receive an email message when the status changes and the issue has been resolved.

Thanks for your patience while we get this corrected.

[deleted]
ROBIN
29d
Is the github integration not working?
Hey guys sorry about having the inconvenience of having the IDE down. We are going to be reverting the commit that is impairing IDE functionality and deploying that code in the next couple of days. I will update this thread with updates.

fireheadman28d1
sub’d for updates
I also spoke with ST support on this today, I passed up this thread because the Title didn’t seem to match my issue “IDE works like it should”… should be “IDE NOT Working like it should”

jasonrwise77
JASON
Regular27d
Well, I logged into the IDE this morning, and noticed it was running slow like it always used to. I went right to the DTH section and presto, all of my links are restored, seems like ST fixed the issue, can anybody else confirm/.

Well, at least you know why, you never see your Smart Apps change color when there is a change, or why you never see any of the Apps listed in Obsolete when you click Update From Repo.

Not sure what the fix is, but I would put in a ticket with Support, unless you can find something in the threads. If you find something before we do, let us know what the issue / resolution was.

I was looking through some more past threads and it looks like @jasonrwise77 experienced something very similar to you. Evidently, Support had him make some changes to some settings and that fixed his issue.

Jason W, do you recall what you had to do to resolve the issue for Ticket #329122? Jrrobertson3 has validated that his Repository settings are correct and he has the Repository saved in each of his SmartApps, yet, the Github Repository column for all of his apps are blank, and as a result, he never sees any updates. Thought you might be able to assist.

1 Like

hi,

maybe this is already asked here or elsewhere but I could not catch that.

I just wonder if it could be possible to send a message to other ST user’s echo from one user’s echo using a mutual lambda code ?
has this been done ?

thanks.

Hello, the issue I had was with a dead github link. I was using a device type from Krafimbose and he changed his github handle which then wiped out my list and a couple other users as well. Support had me remove my link to Krafimbose and then everything came back. The 2nd issue that was about a month ago was purely a cloud issue that ST fixed on the backend and once they did it all came back. I would guess he has a dead repository link. If he can show his list of smartapps and DTH I can take a look and see if he had the same issue.

1 Like

Not possible yet (Amazon doesn’t allow push messages to Alexa).

Our workaround was to send a message to a profile and notify the other user that a message is pending.

yes I know that but retrieving the message using another command on the other side is possible. Echosistant does that within the same ST environment.
would that be applicable to be used by 2 separate ST users ?

@Jrrobertson3 see Jason’s response above…

@WB70 & @jasonrwise77 thanks for your help…

Oh, now that is an interesting proposition. It’s doable but requires an update on our part. Cannot be done currently

by “on our part” you mean ?

Me or @bamarayne to code it in and push an update

Actually, it’s possible now, but each location would have to share the same lambda install.

@whoismoses did you get it working?

Is not, because two ST locations cannot share the same Oauth