[OBSOLETE] ADT Tools 2 for Smartthings ADT alarm sytsems

ADT Tools is for the ADT Smartthings Panel only.

That link is really about integrating a ADT Pulse system with a Smartthings v2 hub. I really doubt ADT Toools would work at all in that situation.

Thanks, that’s what I am trying to do…will follow-up in the other thread.

Getting an error when I try to add smartapps/mavrrick/installerManifest.json
Error
500: Internal Server Error
URI
/ide/app/doRepoUpdates
Reference Id
fc5510f4-b14c-431c-be25-b49044fbfd0c
Date
Sat Dec 15 21:15:29 UTC 2018

All the others added but I’m having mixed results, when my alarm is tripped Lights don’t come on but I am able to use buttons to change alarm status

What version of ADT Tools are you using. The file you are referencing in your error is not part of the app. It was put there to support the community installer smartapp but unfortunately I don’t believe the guys managing that finished adding it.

Anyone know how to get SHM on the ADT Hub? I have it on my V2 hub and want to use it on my ADT Hub so I can try using it with User Lock Manager and a Lowes Iris Centralite Keypad that Ive been using for quite some time. Figure with SMH, I can use the Centralite keypad as a 2nd keypad and utilizing ADT Tools.

Thanks!

Thanks to @Mavrrick58 for this app and thanks to @themajesticking for his YouTube video that led me here. Both of you do fine work!

Chris, what did you have to do to get SMH available on your ADT Hub? Seems Samsung doesn’t want us to have it on an ADT Hub. Is the code in a GitHub repository somewhere so I can publish it and make it available on my ADT Hub?

Thanks

Nevermind, I found the solution here. I had to delete my location and follow the procedures below and I was able to get SHM back. Now ADT-Tools-2 is working and I can do everything I want to do with one hub. Thanks again for this app Mavrrick!

That thread is a work around for SHM on the ADT Smartthings panel.

Simply put when you create a location from scratch you get a generic set of apps. SHM is part of that list and will be everytime. The issue is when you add the ADT Smartthings panel the list of Smart apps is changed and significantly reduced. If you ever remove SHM it will be gone again until you go back through the process of wiping your config and location and starting over the same way. So just be careful with it.

I actually took this concern to support and that was their answer.

1.1.1 10/27/2018

So first thing is that you are using a older version of the software. I would suggest you follow the link in the beginning of this thread and update the software to ADT Tools 2.

The light action is configured in the Alert app. Make sure it is set properly for the action you want to happen. The light action needs to be either 2 or 4 and you need to have lights select for the type of action you wan to do

Thank You! That worked,

One thing I’m running into on the ADT Tools 2 is on the Home/Life Alert my smoke detector is not showing and I’m getting “there are no devices of this capacity”. I have the switch turned off to enable generic, my smoke detector is a first alert zcombo with the device type of z-wave smoke alarm

I am having this same problem but with a Halo+ smoke detector

@bdimsdale @Dgramling

i found a typo that prevented the selection of smoke detectors. Please update the home/life alert child app and try again. you shoud be able to set it up now.

Thanks! I just updated! That did the trick. (all because of a missing “e”)

I have found a problem in the alert action child app. Please update to the new app if you use the system to monitor non ADT sensors. It appears there was a missing configuration value that allowed the Smartapp to determine what mode the system is armed in.

@bdimsdale I also found some comments on a youtube video indicating that the code i put in for the option to use non ADT Sensors with a exit delay has made the SHM application a requirement. That is not intended. I will be looking at adding some functionality to change that. I have a feeling that it isn’t that the SHM is needed as my system runs fine without it, but the SHM setup needs to be completed for the Location alarm state function to work. Either way i am going to look into fixing it.

Thanks. Yes those comments on Majestechs youtube video were from me. To be honest, I had never gotten ADT Tools to trigger an alarm using a non adt sensor. So I am running SMH in parallel to trigger non ADT Alarms. Maybe, when I update this will fix the issue and I can get rid of SMH. (I just wanted SMH for some custom monitoring not related to security) Hopefully this update will do the trick.

Thanks for all your hard work!

FYI, the last update fixed my problems. I removed everything out of SHM and now my alarms are triggering without having to having the sensors configured in SHM. Apparently, the problem you just fixed was the cause of me not getting any alarms on non ADT sensors.

I think you are correct in your statement about SHM setup needs to be completed for the Location alarm state function to work, because last week before I had SHM installed, I noticed that “Alarm System Status” was not even showing up when I viewed the “Location” in the IDE. After I was able to figure out how to get SHM added, it then started showing up.

Yea. That is an oversight on my part. When the any sensor part of ADT tools was first written it simply used the ADT panel status, but that ment no alarm delay for entry/exit . Seem like the solution for creating the exit delay introduced the need to atleast install SHM at some point. I know initially I was worried about that, but hadn’t heard anything till now about it being a issue. I have a few ideas for other solutions but each has there trade offs.

The code correction I just made was something I missed in my rewrite for the new version. Your comment on the video is what triggered me to look at it. Thank you. I am glad to hear it is working well for you now

I just came up with a simple way around the one way synchronization from the ADT Panel to the SHM location state. Currently if the SHM changes from disarmed to Armed Stay, the ADT panel will not follow as you mentioned above. To get around this I created a routine to turn on the ADT Armed Stay momentary button tile. Under additional settings of the routine, I have the routine set to automatically perform when “Alarm Changes State” and “Armed Stay” selected and action delay time set to 0.
I created 3 routines. One for Disarm, one for Armed Stay, and one for Armed Away.
This setup is allowing me to use a Lowes Iris (Centralite keypad) along with Ethayer’s User Lock manager to use a 2nd keypad at my back door to arm and disarm the ADT panel. The keypad disarms SHM, SHM changes state and in return triggers one of the 3 routines I created, that automatically pushes the corresponding ADT Tools virtual momentary button to disarm, arm/stay, arm away. Voila, I chain reaction that allows for a 2nd keypad and 2way ADT / SHM state sync

Thanks again! It is all working great now. I just hope you never get rid of the ADT panel syncing to the SHM state functionality because my secondary centralite keypad is dependant on that. (see my other post about 2way syncing the SHM status using 3 routines) I’m definitely going to be donating after a couple of weeks of testing this new ADT Hub if I decided to keep it.