[OBSOLETE] ADT Tools 2 for Smartthings ADT alarm sytsems

I’m somewhat new to ST and had no idea that I can link your repo directly when I started. I get the error message that Adt tool 2 is installed on more than one device. Any ideas?

I will need more information like where is the error occurring. Do you see it on your phone or in the IDE. A screen shot could be helpful as well

I see the following:
Phone
ADT Tools 2
IDE
[Mavrrick : ADT Alert Action ]
[Mavrrick : ADT Home-Life Alert Action ]
[Mavrrick : ADT Panic Alert Action ]
[Mavrrick : ADT Tools 2 ]
[Mavrrick : Humidity Manager ]
[Mavrrick : Notify Me When Enhanced ]

Is the humidity manager and the notify me app connected to ADTTOOL2?

In the IDE click on Location.
Next to your location click on “Smartapps”
Scroll down until you see ADT Tools 2 listed
If you see any child apps under ADT Tools 2 you can scroll back to the top and click on edit.
Scroll back down and select delete next to the child apps. Then you should be able to delete the parent app.

That did the trick for uninstalling the child apps but when I try to uninstall the adttools2 from my phone I still get the http 409 conflict error

You should be able to do the parent app the same way.

I had to first delete the Armed/Disarmed buttons that were linked to ADTtools2.
I was now able to delete adttools2 and will reinstall from your repo.

Thanks Mavrrick, I did try both of those arming options and they do the same thing. Just tried again to make sure and the sensors still don’t pick up anything according their status in the app.

Honestly I am not really sure what to say beyond my above suggestion. I have a few motion sensors and all of them report motion to Smartthings regardless of alarm status. When the alarm is armed/stay they dont tell the alarm to go off though. I don’t normally use Armed/Away as I have pets.

ADT Tools doesn’t need the motion sensor to report motion to smartthings though to know an alarm event has occured. If you are using the sensors as ADT Dual branded sensors, ADT Tools is waiting for the Alarm to go off and then will match the reporting sensor to what you have setup. It doesn’t trigger based on sensor activity directly, but the alarm going off first.

I guess one thing that may help clear up some of the confusion is how are you looking for status of the sensor. Is it the device activity in Smartthings, or is it something in the security manager? Is it new app or old app?

Also if these motion sensors are not dual branded sensors the. The alarm state has no way to impact if the report or not, so that would mean we need to look at something else then.

ADT-Tool-2 was successfully reinstalled yesterday. Thank you @Mavrrick58 and @jczippy for your help.

Mavvrick,

Ok thanks for the reply. How do I tell if they are dual-branded? We are using Bosch RFPR-ZB-MS motion sensors we originally purchased for our Iris system. I’ve been using both apps as I’m trying to troubleshoot this issue, however, I just noticed the old app does not display the status changes on the motion sensors… only the new one does. Could that be part of the issue? I was walking around, switching between the apps, and the old app never changes from ‘no motion’.

Mavvrick,

I neglected to add what I am ultimately hoping to accomplish.

Arm ADT Smartthings Panel (Arm/Away) -> motion from multiple Bosch sensors triggers alarm state -> ADT Tools 2 triggers two Utilitech Wireless Indoor Sirens (Model TSE07-1). Disarming the panel would then shut off the sirens.

I’d also like it to send a text message to my phone when the alarm is triggered.

Thanks again.

The fact you mentioned Bosch from your iris system means these are not dual branded sensors. So this takes us down a different path. Have you read through the documentation at ADT Tools 2 at Thingsthataresmart.com. It has allot of tips on how to setup a environment with the regular Smartthings sensors and the issues that come along with it.

Please read through that and let me know what further questions you have about how to setup that integration.

The fact these are not ADT/Smartthings dual branded sensors means this isn’t anything to do with the Alarm itself. It is likely a configuration problem with how you setup the integration. I would suggest you read all of that documentation and then follow the steps to setup an alert action for standard sensors. Depending on your needs you may need to redo allot and setup SHM on your location.

I should also point out that neither ADT Tools or the Alarm panel mode would prevent your motion detector from reporting to Smartthings. That doesn’t make any sense

ST has removed SHM for everybody that has an ADT Panel. I was in conversation for hours with customer service and they are not able to add SHM if you have removed it after connecting the ADT Panel. It seems to be a glitch that SHM remains active if you have installed it prior to connecting the ADT Panel to your account.

Did you have it prior to setting up ADT Tools on the location? ADT Tools doesn’t need SHM installed, It needs the state value it creates when it is installed.

Actually now that I say that I need to fix that dependency once and for all. With some stuff i learned on another app i think that should be pretty simple. I need to think about that for a bit to come up with a plan. Keep an eye here.

The only thing SHM effects is if you can have a exit delay for the non ADT Sensors. You just need to turn off the switch that says you are using non ADT sensors, and then when you setup your triggers turn off the switch for “Did you configure location alarm status sync for SHM”

That should allow you to use your motion sensors with the ADT Smartthings Alarm Panel state. One thing to be aware of though is that this setup doesn’t give you any exit delay. This could be a problem depending on where your motion sensors are located related to where you arm and exit.

Awesome, thank you Mavrrick! I will run through all of the docs on that page and hopefully not have to bother you again. :slight_smile:

I did have SHM previously installed. After rereading your instructions I realized that I dont actually need SHM. ADTTools2 works like a charm now. The only thing that is not working for me are the buttons created through ADTTools2 to change the alarm status. If I push those buttons nothing happens. Any ideas?

You need to associate the buttons to the mode they will trigger. This is done on the mode integration part of the setup.

Also dont forget to turn the switch off for the button creation once it is done.