ADT Tools has had turned into a very useful tool for many. It had some growing pains though, and some of which came in complexity with setup. Here is ADT Tools 2. Much of it’s setup has been update to simplify and hopefully streamline the process. The features for the most part remain the same and are listed below
What will this smart app do
- Custom messages when ADT alarm changes between Disarmed, Armed/Stay, and Armed/Away
- Respond to ADT Alarm triggered events based on individual ADT sensors
- Flash, turn on lights, or both based on a ADT Sensor Triggered alarm event
- Flashing lights and lights that simply turn on are configured separately to allow for more customization
- Turn on external sirens/Strobes
- Parent ADT Tools app allow as many instances of the child apps as you need for full customizability
- Turns off siren/strobe when ADT alarm is cleared.
- Create ADT buttons to enable mode changes. This enables other routines/smartapps to interact with the Alarm like Action Tiles.
- Allow configuration of Alert actions to be triggered by motion and contact sensors when alarm is set and in certain modes.
This is a completely new version.There is no upgrade path. with that said you can run them together if you so choose.
You can get the app from my git repository at
Then download retrieve and publish ADT Tools 2
Then download and retrieve it’s child apps. They do not need to be published. Just in your list on the IDE
- ADT Alert Action
- ADT Home-Life Alert Action
Lastly download and publish the “ADT Tools Button” device type handler
or by going to ADT Tools at Smartthings by Mavrrick
One thing about this app is that i am trying not to duplicate functionality that is already present in the official ADT app.
Things to remember when using this smart app
- I don’t know what will happen if you try to use SHM with it and it has other alarm states kicking off. So if you do have SHM running please use with care. I don’t think it should cause a problem based on some code I have in it, but please be careful.
- Keep in mind that depending on what child app you use the sensors are either ADT centric or not.
- When using any of the Alert Apps other then then new Alert Any Sensor app the app does not actually monitor sensors or devices but for activity from the ADT system. So keep that in mind if you are looking for something to be done with. It has to be triggered from the ADT part of the system. The ADT Alert Any Sensor app is monitoring the sensor and will create actions based on the alarm state but doesn’t send any notification to ADT.
- If you need different alarms to happen you can do that by setting up more instances of monitoring in the app. You can install the different types of tools multiple times.