[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

Yeah that just means your SM is losing internet connectivity with the Blink Server. It happens from time to time. But it’s working fine here.

Whats the timeout on the check?
Does it poll every 1,5,10,30 minutes?
You poll the blink serverer or does it check the blink hub localy?
I know more people get this lately, som i suspect it might be something in changing at Blink.
But to debug, some insight would be great :slight_smile: @RBoy

The poll is controlled by ST, I think it’s about every 15 minutes. If the at the time the blink server isn’t able to reach the sync module it delivers an offline message. Again it just means that at that specific moment the blink server can’t reach the sync module and that usually points to a connection issue. If you’re seeing too much of it check your internet connection and if that’s solid (hard to tell actually unless you have a 24x7 monitor on it), just try to power cycle the sync module.

I suspect this happens when they are updating firmware. I noticed Thursday the camera greatly handles sudden loud noises better which I would assume needs a firmware update. They haven’t mentioned anything about this though.

Also, in their Android app, they added temperature alerts and calibrations:

And they also have better notification configuration including “Camera Offline” though I can’t seem to find anything where they publicize this improvement. Also, battery status only indicates “OK” instead of status bars.

2 Likes

Blink XT must be shipping because they charged my credit card today.

1 Like

Is that so? Cool, I’ve been slacking off on reporting that issue to them but anytime my alarm’s siren is triggered somehow the noise cannot be heard with the camera’s live audio stream. I hope this update has fixed that.

Finally, I didnt pre order because i wanted to see how good the integration is with smarthings.
Could you do the community a favour by giving us a review how the integration is when you receive it?
That would be tight

1 Like

Can you do an unboxing video and a quick review while adding it to your system? Would greatly appreciate it.

Just got a shipping notice for delivery tomorrow. Not sure if I’ll have time to post a review. Got a lot going on right now…

Pritty please? :innocent:

Is there a different discharge curve profile for the XT because it showed 78% yesterday and 70% today. This is lower than any of my other Blink cameras many that were part of the original kick starter over a year ago. Is this why Blink changed their battery status in their app to be “OK”?

XT uses Energizer Ultimate Lithium whereas regular Blink used generic blue lithium batteries.

Should I contact Blink?

The following videos describe how to use XT:

http://support.blinkforhome.com/customer/en/portal/topics/1070818-blink-xt/articles

Most of this is not described nor referenced in the included instructions. The version 1.8.3 18 April 2017 Android app does not have the IR ILLUMINATOR controls in the camera settings yet.

Hi there,

Hows the integration so far?

Works just fine.

I’ve had my Blink cameras in Smartthing for a while now. Today I setup my new XT camera and while the smart app sees it I don’t see under my list of things like I do the other cameras. What am I missing? Thanks!

I just added 2 today. Are you talking about the Blink Camera Manager app when you say smart app? Mine added fine to my things, after adding them to Blink Android app and opening up the Blink Camera Manager and hitting done. They were listed there and were in Things when I went there next.

Have you gotten into the smartapp for the Blink cameras, and does it show up there?

Open the ST SA for Blink and log off in ST SA, followed by logging back in. It should re-cach all of your Blink cameras.

Thank you. It actually didn’t work but I went back in the app about 4 hours later it appeared finally.

1 Like