[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

I have tried multiple times…where does the code start or do I copy the whole the thing starting with
/* DISCLAIMER

Thx

Whole thing, try using chrome browser.

If there is a RAW option, be sure and use it.

Sounds to me you missed the very last line. Do you have a line 761 that contains a }
The end of file you pasted should look like this

//state.queuedActions.clear() // DEBUG CLEAR
//log.warn “QUEUED ACTIONS: $state.queuedActions” // DEBUG

deferredAction() // defer the loopback action
}

Thanks!! Chrome worked…loaded both manager and app…when I click on smart apps I don’t have a 'my apps" option to load the app

##blink Camera Manager - Version 5.0.8

• Added fix for error while installing if the hub location/timezone wasn’t specified. Now it’ll warn the user to add the hub location to that it can pick the correct timezone otherwise it’ll default to UTC timezone.

##blink Device Handler - Version 5.0.3

• No change

Thanks to DnCCrew for this step:

To set the hub Location, from smartphone app:

1. Clicked on the 3 lines (top right corner)
  1. Clicked on gear icon (top right)
  2. Click area that says “Tap to set where home is on the map” and zoom in to correct location on map.

Curious if anyone’s interested in watching the recorded videos from ST (and possibly deleting them)

7 Likes

Another poll: I wonder why have the refresh button, it just pulls information from the server. Why not replace the refresh button with the sensor update button (this will contact the camera and force a sensor refresh to the server, which will have some impact on battery). So basically disable polling and make the refresh button into a sensor update. Comments?

I’m interested.

I like this because right now the Blink app does not support multiple Sync Modules.

Not sure if either is really useful for me.

Is there a way to push an alert if one of the cameras or Sync Modules is no longer communicating? This is also on Blinks planned future feature list.

Hmm yes and no, as in there’s a way to detect it but am worried about it spamming the user. What if it’s offline for say 10 hours, that would be a lot of messages :slight_smile:

So to clarify, under the current implementation if the sync module if offline the “System Active” tile will turn red and show as “System Offline”, it just doesn’t send a message.

@beckwith, I think I’ve implemented too many features it’s kinda getting lost in the list… :astonished:

1 Like

too many is better than too little :joy:

Yes, this would have to be something from the Blink server. After say 30 minutes offline a push or email needs to indicate ONCE that it is down. Nest has such a mechanism as well as SmartThings hub to let you know if your security is “vulnerable”. Otherwise you could go for days and not realize it.

1 Like

Okay done, in the next release it’ll send a push notification no more than once per hour (when it’s polled only) if it detects that the sync module is down.

How about this instead, since the camera doesn’t actively push any temperature changes (needs to be polled for now), how about a device level preference to set the temperature/sensor polling period with the following options:

1. Manually
  2. 5 minutes
  3. 15 minutes
  4. 30 minutes
  5. 1 hour
  6. 3 hours
  7. 6 hours
  8. 12 hours
  9. 24 hours

I also wonder why give anything more than 6 hours. What’s the point of knowing the temperature 2 times a day?

EDIT: Note that this is a battery consuming activity, minor but done every 1 minute can impact the battery life.

1 Like

Doesn’t SmartThings have a way to store the online/offline state so you only push when it goes offline and back online. And can you send one for a set? Otherwise, it could get quite a lot of notifications for my 12 cameras. And the way it stands now, I also don’t need it if the hub sends me a down push.

So I don’t want to be ungrateful for the feature, but the cure may be worse than the disease if the design doesn’t take these issues into consideration.

Sensor polling? Motion sensor? Isn’t this event driven? Or is there another sensor I’m missing? Or is this just temperature and battery comes along for the ride?

I would use this once I could replace my Aoen multisensors completely with Blink. Unfortunately, that won’t be until if/when they come out with motion ONLY events. And if this happens they will blow away the competition.

1 Like