[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

Keep an eye on this.

How long did you have to wait? I ordered a 3 camera setup over the weekend and my order status still says that the order was received but nothing was shipped. Are these back-ordered? Looks like Amazon doesn’t have any stock either.

Hi @DITPL,

You should go to the community.Blink.com and post to @nick_at_blink. He may be better at answering this question.

It took longer then expected, they shipped after a week from order date.
Although I am used to Amazon prime now so I always forget to adjust my
expectations when ordering from somewhere else :slight_smile:

1 Like

This was fixed in a firmware update, so I suspect you installed cameras with old firmware and it took a while for the over the air update.

2 Likes

What an i doing wrong? I don’t get temperature updates. It doesn’t matter what I do. I still don’t get them unless camera senses motion. Can I change or do anything? I have the XT camera

Hi @jolerius,

As per Blink Support. The Blink camera doesn’t get constant tempreture updates unless:

1. the sync module pings the camera to check on its state.
  2. the camera wakes up for a motion event.

You can use Polster to keep it updated more friquently, but that will kill the battery that much quiker.

That’s not a good idea and won’t help. Polling contacts the server and not
the camera (see first post). You will need to press the sensor refresh
button to initiate a connection to the sync module which will then force
the camera to wake up and update temperature. But as you pointed out this
will impact battery life.

1 Like

I stand corrected. Thanks @Rboy.

1 Like

Ok, to bad. I was hoping I could use the camera as an outdoor temperature sensor.

The first post explains how refresh works. The camera is supposed to wake up from time to time (every few hours I believe - they have a device offline system similar to ST, sometimes in the blink native app you’ll see the device reported offline - TIP: hit the take snapshot button through ST to revive the device, works like a charm most of the time). When it wakes up it’s supposed to update the server with the latest parameters including temp. The Blink device has been setup a polled device to ST should initiate a poll every 15-30 min to get the latest update from the server. We have noticed in some cases that ST doesn’t always poll regularly (known issue, search the forum). In such a scenario pollster could help by polling every 30 min. Note that if you poll too often Blink may throttle or limit/stop your access

1 Like

Just purchased a 3 pack, and got them and running! Now to integrate with my doors and windows and all
Thanks to this thread it pushed me to go with this system
 Thanks guys.

Quick question. Im pretty sure there is no RTSP support for these cams? Right?

I was just trying to integrate with my outdoor cams.

1 Like

I created a custom security monitoring in smart things to record a 30 second video on blink when a motion sensor gets triggered. I get a notification, gets an sms on my phone, my lifx color turns to red color when a motion sensor is detected, but the 30 second recording is not happening on blink. Am i doing anything wrong? Any suggestions?

1 Like

1st Post, FAQ 33:

How do I manually force the camera to start a recording
Blink does not support forcing a recording start right now.

However there’s a trick that works sometimes, enable motion detection and then force the camera to snap a picture and that sometimes starts the video recording. Officially Blink only allows video recording to start on motion detection.

1 Like

Without having to read the whole thread (I will eventually!), There’s an offer on Blink at mo so thinking of getting 2.

Is it integrated into ST quite well with this handler and SmartApp?

Does it do live view, trigger recordings from ST sensors etc?
Thanks

No need to read the thread to answer, just read the first few posts in this one. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks I did the offer is finished now :frowning:

Wasn’t sure on the “night vision” and the XT seems to have it. So maybe this will be better?

Thanks

You can get $25 off your order if you use this link.

I think I’ll get $25 off my next order if you buy through that link, pretty sure that’s a deal Blink offers to any user that refers a new customer.

I like the IR LEDs on my XT camera, I don’t have any of the indoor cameras to compare to the white light LED on those.

1 Like

Just a follow up question to this.

So what if I wanted to record a short video with the opening and closing of a contact sensor?

I am leaving my Module in armed mode all the time, with each camera disabled. I then use Core to enable the specific camera I want to record on. So when the door is opened shouldn’t the camera recognize the motion, and then record?

I set this up but it doesn’t seem to be working. It enables the camera, but doesn’t record?

What am I missing here?

Are you sure the door is still moving when the camera’s motion detection gets armed?