[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

One idea you could try is with an echo dot and the Ask Alexa skill. All you would need to do is say “alexa tell smartthings I am leaving”.
You just need to create a WebCoRE piston that will disarm/disable the blink cameras. Have it wait 1 minute (depending on how much time you need to leave). Then have it arm/enable them back on.
Then in the ask alexa app, create a macro that links to the WebCoRE piston you just made. Name it “I am leaving”. Then update your Custom slot types on the Amazon Developer site.
With that macro you can create multiple different phrases too. I think 4 different ones total.

2 Likes

We do have an Amazon Tap which I’ve not done anything with SmartThings to date. I’ll look into that, thanks!

@RBoy Any update on access to the recorded video clips?

In general, does anyone one know of a way to automatically store the video clips to a computer or cloud drive? With or without SmartThings?

Coupon code for anyone wanting $25 off a blink order. Can be used multiple times: $25 off Blink purchase

Hi @awc,

Nope. You are just fine. I always leave my perimiter cameras armed as I always want to know what is happening at both volnarabilites of my house. That’s how I captured futage of the Amazon delivery being an ASS and tossing my box the remaining 5 feet to my door. FYI, I reported him and provided the video evidence and got a hell of a lot of free appologies from them. And as for my intirior cameras, are disarmed when my family gets to the front door of the house/armed when away. I use CoRe to run a check every hour to see if my perimiter is armed and re-armes if they are down. And interior is armed with CoRe when away and disarmed when home.

Can someone confirm if this handler supports XT cameras as well? Thanks!

It does. I have 2 XTs running with it.

1 Like

Trying again

Can someone provide me with a example WebCoRE rule that will give me a push notification as soon as motion is detected followed by a 60 second video clip? I’ve been reading about setting a 1-second video recording and I need to know how to configure it without getting multiple clips and notifications. Basically I want one video clip and one push notification per motion event, but I want that notification as close to motion detection as possible. Thanks in advance.

You would get a notification from Blink for both the 1 second and 60 second video from the Blink app. Using the 1 second gets the notification/alarm out quicker since motion event “alarms” after the video is finished being uploaded to Blink.

There will always be 2 video clips, 1 second and 60 seconds. You could use a second motion sensor to trigger the ST notification, the Blink would be recording when it senses motion, but you would still get a second notification from Blink unless you have notifications turned off for the Blink app on the device.

Also, there would be a delay between the 1 second and 60 second video. The piston command changing from 1 second to 60 seconds would be going from the ST server to the Blink server back to the sync module, then to the camera. The time would vary depending on cloud latency and network traffic and the WIFI/sync module strength at the camera.

One thing I forgot to ask is if dh and its features works for V1 hub?

Yup, I have a v1 hub. Works fine.

2 Likes

Here is another 25$ discount

2 Likes

Would you mind sharing your core pistons related to the blink cameras? I’d like to use yours as an example of how to set mine up.

1 Like

Certainly @Angie_Guedry,

Does anybody knows if the integration allows now for video on demand?
I’d like to start a registration when another sensor is triggered.
Thank you all for your support

The way Blink cameras are currently designed, recordings can only be triggered by the built-in motion sensor. This integration can toggle the armed state of a Blink camera’s motion sensor from a variety of triggers

@lmosenko what’s Halloween mode?

1 Like

@marktheknife Thank you for your answer, really appreciate

When I triger my Spooky routine to scare the Trick Or Treaters. Boooo Ha Ha Ha!

1 Like

Thanks!

Now I give back.

1 Like

Will this device handler allow SmartThings to automatically arm the Blink system when the Smart Home Monitor is armed? And Disarm Blink when SHM is disarmed?