[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

I just realized it says worldwide regions supported.
Are these cameras region restricted?
Cant I just buy a random sync module and cameras from different sellers? And it should work? Cause everyone who sells these on eBay dosent mention anything about region restricted.
Or is it that with this blink smartapp there is no restrictions?
Please let me know, blink dosent mentioned this on their site, and the support isnt to fast in responding.

Yes there are different regions. The regions are determined by where you register the camera. This SmartApp/DH automatically determines the registered region from the Blink server and compensates for it. In short if your Blink native app works then this will also work. Hope that’s fast enough :wink:

Hmm.
I just tried install a few more cameras today, and it says:
Camera serial does not match region of sync module?
You have any idea what todo?
Is this something I should be able to fix myself or does it need to be fixed by blink?

Best to contact Blink support on this one.

Just received an e-mail about this and confirmed it on their FAQ:

https://blinkforhome.com/news-release-2x-battery-life?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Blink%20Newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter15&mc_cid=48b1dfe161&mc_eid=a8ce245cdd

1 Like

Update: (Not quiet what I was looking for, but at least we have one)

NOV 08, 2016 | 07:47AM EST (From Blink Customer Service Team)
Janice replied:
Hi Leo,
You’re very welcome! All I can tell you right now is the outdoor camera is in development and we are hoping for a release in the early part of 2017. Keep a watch for our announcements!

Best regards,
Janice
Blink Customer Service

2 Likes

I figured it had been delayed when we hadn’t heard anything except vague mentions over the past few months.

Can the Blink camera detect motion by sensing a change in the camera? That would allow it to be mounted inside and detect motion through a window. If so, does it kill the batteries quickly?

It cannot detect motion through a window.

Another Update form Blink Team for the Siren release date:

NOV 08, 2016 | 08:40AM EST
Janice replied:
Hi Leo,
Thanks so much! We think they’re pretty great too! The alarm hardware is complete and the software is in the final stages of completion. We are hoping to release the alarm very soon, hopefully in the next few weeks. As soon as it is ready, we will announce it through our social media channels and email. Of course, you and all our preorder alarm customers will be part of the first shipment!
Best regards,
Janice
Blink Customer Service

Hey @RBoy,

You had any reports of not being able to change the motion switch since updating to latest SA/DTH?

When I click my Livingroom Camera - the switch and running man just goes blank (and doesn’t change status:

Oh and before anyone points it out, I DONT have my Christmas tree up just yet lol - just plug ready!

Kraeg

No first time, it’s working fine here. Wondering if it’s anything to do with the platform upgrade, maybe it’s timing out before the command completes. Have you tried clicking on refresh?

Yea makes no difference. I will check over the logs this afternoon and see if there are any errors generated.

Had a chance to get into the IDE now and I’m getting this when trying to change its status:

Unable to call parent actions, error: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script14789773850441428658394.enableAlerts() is applicable for argument types: (script14787771900291215653486, java.lang.Integer) values: [script14787771900291215653486@41e9fca4, ...]
Possible solutions: enableAlerts(java.lang.Object), disableAlerts(java.lang.Object)

Also the other cameras are stuck in “Motion” state now too.

It’s working fine here, from the error is looks like you may have not have the latest versions of the DH and SmartApp installed. They both need be in sync (see the release notes for the versions). One of them is out of sync.

I’ve just reupdated the code again (they was correct versions) and its still happening.

SmartApp V05.03.00
DH V05.07.00

Now completely stuck without rolling back

EDIT: Ignore that, its now changing but VERY slowly (about 60 seconds per device). Normally only take 3-5 seconds

ST issues please report it to ST support. Possibly related to the platform upgrade. Looks like the timers are running slow

1 Like

Hay @RBoy,

Did you know about this and din’t tell us?

1 Like

I can’t comment on specifics only hint :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You could have privetly PM hinted. :wink::wink::wink:

Anyway. Just maxed out the powered Blink cams. Will post later tonight.