[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

Does that mean I just can power the blink camera by USB if wanted? In some cases this would be nice.

1 Like

Yes, of the twenty some Blinks I own, three of them are powered through the USB port. I would do this to others but unfortunately the mounting sometimes gets in the way. I hope they still have a powered option for their outdoor version and hope they address the way it gets blocked by the mount.

1 Like

Ok great. I’ll tinker with it when I get a chance. Btw, would you know if anyone has coded anything to run Nest Protect with SmartThings?

I see pretty much the same impressive battery performance. I’m not declaring victory yet because lithium Ion batteries have a sharp discharge curve:

Today it might say it is fully charged but tomorrow it could be dead.

Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

1 Like

20 some?!?! Holy smokes do you run a prison?

6 Likes
1 Like

Good to know. Thanks for the info. Do you know if it is possible to connect the sync module by LAN cable to the router?

Awesome, thanks. Have you tried this out?

Not yet. This was a “promised” feature in kickstarter but I haven’t heard much about it lately.

http://support.blinkforhome.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2286660-what-is-ethernet-used-for-on-the-sync-module-

What is Ethernet used for on the Sync Module?

The Blink system requires WiFi, so your Sync Module and cameras will connect to WiFi currently. In future releases, we may enable the capability to wire the Sync Module directly to your router using this Ethernet port. Your cameras will still require WiFi for an internet connection. Currently the system is WiFi only. Please stay tuned to our Updates section for any news on Ethernet changes.

It would be nice if they added Power Over Ethernet to give more power options, but in the scheme of things, this is pretty low on the list.

Know it’s been on their drawing board, but has anyone tried to house a camera into a casing for outdoor use?

Did one but haven’t been able to get good results in the dark because the LED light reflects back into the lens. It has only been up about a month so I don’t know how well it will hold up.

1 Like

hi, I made changes and the view did not change. i also removed everything and did from scratch. but view did not change as the above.

Device Handler V5.1.1
SmartApp V5.5.1

Phone: Note4

Contact ST support it seems to be using/caching the old code for some reason. An IDE/platform issue

Even if it drops, I’m already thrilled to have over 7 months of battery life. Then again, I don’t know how much those batteries cost I guess…

Presently the batteries Blink recommends cost $1.73 per battery delivered Prime:

I wonder if these batteries perform better, worse or the same as those shipped.

6 Likes

I think I can afford that!

This is not too bad either:

At this rate, I guess I’ll have to wait another year atleast to find out :smiley:

i contacted support. they told they wont cache anything. what is in the code it display.

i saw your pictures it looks like for IOS. mine is Andriod. hope that might be issue.

No it’s the same on both. Either your browser is caching the code or the ST server is caching it and it’s been known to happen despite what support is saying. you can verify long looking what’s written in the code (IDE), Then compare that with what’s shows up on the SmartApp when you open it.