[DEPRECATED ] Automatic Connected Car- Integration with SmartThings

Hi,

Somehow, you erased some of the code at the end of the file. As specified at the wiki (Known Issues) and in the readme file, you need to insert your public & private keys at the end of MyAutomaticServiceMmgr.

def getSmartThingsClientId() { “insert your public key here!” }

def getSmartThingsPrivateKey() { “insert your private key here!” }

P.S. Don’t forget to leave the double quotes around the keys and leave the ‘{’ & ‘}’

I found the cause of the error; there was a typo on line 702. Submitted a pull request with the fix:

The app has been working thanks to the code fix, I’m not having to re-authenticate my account each and every day. Has anyone been having this problem?

Yes. If you plan on leaving your car for an extended period of time please make sure you remove your automatic. I came home from a 2 week trip and found my car dead in the parking lot of the airport. I contacted Automatic and they told me in the future I should remove the device if I’m going to be gone for an extended period of time.

2 Likes

Wow… This is quite epic. I cannot wait to get home and set this up. This is pretty amazing. Never thought I’d see an integration between my Automatic and ST. Thank you!!

Hello,

Please take note that, for now on, the latest version of MyAutomatic Device is now only available at my store:

www.ecomatiqhomes.com/#!store/tc3yr

The MonitorAutomaticCar smartapp is also available for a modest contribution.

You can also find Technical Support packages if needed.

For more details about MyAutomatic Device and its related smartapps, please consult the wiki:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Automatic_Device
http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Category:Unpublished_SmartApps

P.S. My Automatic device and related smartapps took several hundreds hours of development & testing, I’m now asking for a modest contribution.

Thank you for your support!
Regards.

1 Like

Hi, any support for metric at all? km/h for speed and/or fuel consumption l/100km or km/l

Yes, it’s supported. That’s what I use at home (Montreal, Canada)

Regards.

Great can you post a screenshot of the preferences page perhaps?

Ideally i’d like to be able to edit the cost of the fuel too, at 1.50 Euro / litre here in Netherlands the Automatic app of course vastly underestimates the cost of journeys too

Hi, you need to check with Automatic, but to my knowledge, they don’t allow
to edit the price of fuel yet.

Anyway, my app would not allow this feature as it’s read-only.

As far as the preference pages, you can see below that it supports liters and kmpl.

For more information, refer to

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Automatic_Device
Regards.

FYI, here are some screenshots of MonitorAutomaticCar:

This smartapp and others are available at my store:

I would appreciate anyone who uses this giving some examples of how they find this useful.

All I can figure is that if for some reason your phone doesn’t handle presence detection well, you could use Automatic to do it. Or if you have multiple cars and need to trigger different ST events based on which has arrived/departed.

I don’t mean to dismiss the dev’s obvious hard work, but I personally don’t see value in having ST know my Mini’s MPG.

Oh! here’s one: Start car in garage, garage door opens?

If you’re okay with your car running for ~30 seconds in an enclosed garage, maybe. :sleeping:

I never bought this integration. I use the automatic with works with nest for my thermostat and the concur expenses integration only right now

Well, can the following be setup?

So use the geo fence on my iPhone AND the automatic to know that i am arriving home in my car and only in that case open the garage door.

Good news!

FYI, I just finished completing a major update that allows near real time events processing.

So, events like “Ignition On/Off, Hard Acceleration/Brake, Speeding, Trip Completed” are processed in real time as soon as they are sent by the Automatic platform.

This opens the door to more automation with SmartThings…

And, IFTTT will no longer be necessary as it introduces a latency that is not viable for HA.

The code update will be sent to all my existing contributors…

Also, new look& feel based on the generic multi-tile UI.

The Automatic Car Connected device is available now for download at my store:

Regards.

1 Like

Yves,

I’m currently in the states coming home in Canada. I’ll buy the adapter on the way back and try it out. Looks great!

LJ

Can this be used as a presence device to be used as an additional presence sensor?

Hi,
The presence capability is already part of the DTH (device).

You just need to add your home address (ex. zip code) in the device’s preferences.

Now, that I added the real time processing, I need to test it at home. I do not see why
it would not work…

Regards.

2 Likes

Hi,

The upcoming new version will add the localFuelCostPerVolUnit as a device’s preference.

This way, anybody who is not happy with the Automatic’s default fuel cost’s value can edit the cost
and specify the right cost per volume ( gallon or liter)

Regards,