[Deprecated] Ask Alexa 2.1.5

Ironically this is what we were referring to above…you will need to make sure you choose an Amazon Datacenter that supports the Alexa service. This is usually N Virginia. If you have that chosen, see the 4th image in this section:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Ask_Alexa#Developer_and_Lambda_Code_Installation

On the Amazon developer site when I go to test I get “Please complete the Interaction Model tab to start testing this skill.” Can’t see what I missed.

That is the second tab with the intents, utternances and slots. Be sure to hit save at the bottom of the screen after each addition.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Ask_Alexa#Interaction_Model

Everything is saved, still getting the same error. does the order of the Custom Slot Types matter?

Yes. Clear everything on that page then start with intents, save, then do the slots, save , then the utterances…

I am hoping that since they have expanded the servers of it will speed up the skills???

Re-did everything, in order, and still get the error “Please complete the Interaction Model tab to start testing this skill.” when I go to the test page.

That is very strange…When does it show that? After each section or at the very end? Do you have the previous tab (Skill Information) filled out correctly?

I will need a bit more information to troubleshoot this, but I might suggest starting from scratch and create a new skill in parallel, starting from the top and working your way down. Worst case if you give me access to your account and I can try and troubleshoot it…but that should be a last resort :slight_smile:

It appears I at least found a way to determine if the Alexa Skill is available:

Was trying to set mine to Oregon, which did not work…

**Edit…**updated the documentation:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Ask_Alexa#Configure_Triggers

1 Like

The error is at the end, on the Test page.I deleted and rebuilt the Alexa skill 3 times and keep getting the same error.

When you say you rebuilt it, are you saying you started from scratch or that you just cleared the page and then just reloaded it. If you did the latter, you will need to clear the page THEN save, then start over pasting the information.

I deleted the skill completely. Clean start.

I get the feeling you are copying/pasting the wrong item…or getting only part of the items in there and that is confusing the site…

Here are the current links…copy them (Ctl-A) and paste them EXACTLY as they are:

Intents:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MichaelStruck/SmartThingsPublic/master/smartapps/michaelstruck/ask-alexa.src/Intent%20Schema

Slots:
Do this AFTER you have the app all set up. SAVE after every entry.

Utterances:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MichaelStruck/SmartThingsPublic/master/smartapps/michaelstruck/ask-alexa.src/Sample%20Utterances

Save when this is done. If this doesn’t work, PM me, get me your Amazon account information and I will see what is going on.

1 Like

I reccomend [quote=“MichaelS, post:1, topic:58786”]
If you do have a great feature idea for this app, however, just let me know.
[/quote]

Because I wanted a LOT more color options, I threw back to my script kiddie days and edited in a TON more colors. Now, because I’m neither a color snob nor a code jockey I was adding some which are very dark pigments and are never going to translate on a lightbulb, but I got the idea from CoRE, where I found all the colors in the code.

So I copy’d the various colors labels and their hue (divided by 3.65) and saturation values from adobe, did some find-replace, and pasted it into your ask-alexa code, then updated for all the new utterances for the colors.

It didn’t take much, and somebody more artistic could probably do it better. But since color control was the reason I installed askalexa, I’m REALLY excited by the results! You may want to do it. I’d be happy to help so long as it isn’t violating anybodies licenses. I got about a hundred more named colors. (what is shart-roose? heh)

a wonderful green
:slight_smile:

Send me a PM with the code… remember that the user needs to know all of these and so I may take a subset of them to use. These would be helpful for the control macro however…

As a test “ask SmartThings to give you the list of colors”. :wink:

I have osram lightify RGBW A19 bulbs (73703) so my green is wonderful. :wink:

I did this :joy: ONCE!

1 Like

Reporting a bug with the Lock Report in Ask Alexa. I have two open/close window sensors, a garage door and Schlage lock which I have setup as a lock report. When all are closed I get the following report (taken from my Notification Message feed):

Ask Alexa triggered macro ‘Lock Report’. Data send to Alexa: “All of the doors and windows are closed and locked”

However, if the front door is unlocked, I get a duplicate listing with the second advising the Front Door is unlocked:

Ask Alexa triggered macro ‘Lock Report’. Data send to Alexa: “All of the doors and windows are closed. All of the doors and windows are closed, but the Front Door is unlocked”

Minor issue but wanted to report it. Thank for this incredible SmartApp!

Hmmmm…I will have to look at this… I just released 2.1.6, but didn’t look over the lock section, so my assumption is that this still exists.

I will have a look…I am travelling right now but have a lock in the destination I am going. I will see what I can do to reproduce this and may publish a quick fix (if I can find it quick and fix it :))

Thanks!