[Deprecated as of Apr 8, 2018] Smart Home Monitor Exit and Entry Delays (Version1)

Yes. What do you mean by “enter 4-8 digits of data in the field”? What data? You just repeated what you said before. Can you give an example?
I know what you are trying to accomplish, because I am using a Virtual sensor as the “real” one. I can give you all the details if you want or you can just be clearer in what the app is asking for. Specifically, what field should I be pulling this 4-8 digits of data from?

The Contact Sensor is rejected as Simulated and you can’t setup the delay profile. Not rejected leave it blank

1. Log into the IDE in a browser at account.smartthings.com
  2. After logging in click on “My Devices”
  3. Find the device being rejected in the list of devices
  4. Enter first 4 to 8 characters of the device type data into the (Optional) Contact Name…field.
  5. Click Next
  6. The contact should be accepted

When you say " device type data" do you mean of the “Device Type”? So, I would enter “Virt” for this sensor and it should work?

Yes. Try entering Virtual into the field.

Thank you! The issue is that there is a fiend labeled “Type” and another field labeled “Data” in the IDE for every device. So…that’s why I didn’t understand what you meant.

My apologies for any confusion you may have encountered.

The directions in the app refer to the list of all the devices, on my system it has only the “Type” column.

After clicking on the Device and getting the detail the there are “Type” and “Data” fields, and yes that could cause confusion with the app’s directions.

One other question I had and that has to do with exit delays…
If the contact is open when the system arms, at the end of the exit delay will the alarm sound if the sensor is still open? Or will that sensor not cause an alarm until after it closes once? I’m thinking a window that you want to leave open sometimes but want monitored when it is closed. Or a garage door for another example, it’s open when the system is armed but will be open longer than the exit delay.
Thanks!

No, it issues “Sensor Open” messages based upon the settings. After the sensor closes intrusions occur.

Suggest keeping window sensors monitored with Smart Home Monitor, not the SHM Delay app.

1 Like

Just wanted to give a big thanks to you @arnb for the SmartApp. Been waiting for Samsung to implement this for too long now (kind of embarrassing really, I just can’t understand how a basic feature like this is not in SHM). Its working great so far… Thanks again!

2 Likes

[Beta] SHM Delay Version 2.0 now available for testing

This release is primarily targeted at Iris, Xfinity and Centralite keypad device users. Non keypad users should experience no functional changes.

Enhancements and Changes

• Smartapp supports full control of all keypad user and SmartThings interactions.

• Previous Smartapp settings and delay profiles are used by updated SmartApp, along with new global keypad settings and user profile information. This allows for an easy transition, and quick recovery in the unlikely event that a fallback is required.

• SHM Delay now includes a keypad centric facility to maintain user pins that may include an optional schedule with easy date entry. User profile data is verified for errors, then displayed for verification prior to being saved.

• Optimized, self contained code provides smoothe, reliable keypad operations.

• Issues Notification log message when SHM Delay Modefix changes the SHM mode

For more information including installation instructions, please visit the Beta SHM Delay thread

1 Like

Woo hoo! Love this one.

Need some beta testers.
Please send a PM if you are willing to beta test version 2.0 of SHM Delay.

I install smartapp and then create a few simulate contact sensor.
I am lost as what to do next with this step “Setting SHM Security for use with this app”.

I understand the documentation for the Beta is non existant. However, one simulated contact sensor is sufficient.

Use the documentation for the current production version with some changes if you are using a keypad

1. do not install ethayers Lock Manager, it’s not needed in the Beta
  2. setup the global settings and turn on Activate total keypad control.
  3. setup one or more delay profiles
  4. setup one or more user pin profiles

After this is completed attempt to run the tests shown in the production version.

Let me know how things work for you, or if you need additional assistance.

Arn

That is brilliant!!! THANK YOU!

I am having a lot of issues with the smarthings app not realizing I arrived home (location from smartphone), and triggering the SHM. (iphone 7 )

Would this app help to improve against incorrect location intrusions?

Presense is notorius for poor reliability. It works for some and not for others. I found phone presense so unreliable, I installed a Centralite keypad, and wrote this smartapp.

SHM Delay could help by giving you up to 90 seconds of entry delay time to disable the system.
Suggest using SHM Delay Version 2 (Beta).

1 Like

On April 8, 2018 with the release of SHM Delay Version 2, SHM Delay Original/Version1 was deprecated.

What does this mean to me?: You may continue using Version1, however it is no longer maintained or supported. Version 2 is in a separate Github repo, no code updates will be suggested or offered by the IDE for Version 1.

New features on Version 2

• Smartapp includes full support for all Iris, Xfinity and Centralite keypads, User pin profiles, and SmartThings interactions. Lock Manager is no longer needed by SHM Delay when using a Keypad device.

• Supports keypad’s Panic Key, or a Panic Pin when Panic key not available. Creates an intrusion alert when panic key is pressed and held, or panic pin is entered.

• Door “Chime” option. When real contact sensor opens and the Alarm State is off, beep tones are issued to user selected devices.

• Previous Smartapp settings and delay profiles are used by updated SmartApp, along with new global keypad settings and user profile information. This allows for an easy transition, and quick recovery in the unlikely event that a fallback is required.

• SHM Delay now includes a keypad centric facility to maintain user pins that may include an optional schedule with easy date entry. User profile data is verified for errors, then displayed for verification prior to being saved.

• Optimized, self contained code provides smoothe, reliable keypad operations with an easier learning curve.

• Pin can execute a SHM Routine or Webcore Piston aka pin type.

• Issues Notification log message when SHM Delay Modefix changes the SHM mode

• Issues Notification log message when accepted pin was entered, with pin type and user name

How do I convert to Version 2. Instructions are at this link

1 Like

Is it possible for me to pay someone to set up these entry & exit delays for me? Please please someone I will pay good money. What does it cost?

Respectfully, it’s really not that hard, you just need to follow @arnb’s (very detailed) instructions, and you can ask follow up questions as needed.

The newest version of the smartapp is being discussed in this thread (as the title of this thread explicitly states, this version 1 is now deprecated):

If following these instructions is truly beyond your capabilities, then I don’t think that having someone else set it up for you will result in a satisfactory experience.

For one thing, you’d need to share your SmartThings login info so that they can login to both the mobile app and the IDE with a desktop web browser to install the code.

But then what? Do you reset your password so that they no longer have access to your ST account after this is setup? When the next version of the smartapp is released, will you update it on your own? Pay someone again to update it for you?

What about getting it all setup in the first place? Are you going to call or Skype with the person to check whether the various functions of the smartapp are working as intended (e.g. you open a door to check whether entry delay is working and report back to the other person if it’s not, then try again after they tweak something)?

A month from now, if you need to troubleshoot, is that included in your initial payment or will you need to work out another payment? What about if something stops working correctly again two months from now?

IMHO, if you are patient, follow directions, and ask questions in the thread dedicated to the most recent version of this smartapp, then you don’t need any computer skills beyond the ability to point and click a mouse.

If, on the other hand, there is some physical and/or sensory limitation that makes setting up and maintaining your ST system particularly difficult, then that’s somewhat of a unique situation and paying for assistance might be the only option. Just realize that if you pay someone just to install something, without accounting for ongoing maintenance, your experience may become dissatisfactory pretty quickly.

3 Likes