[Deprecated as of Apr 8, 2018] Smart Home Monitor Exit and Entry Delays (Version1)

The log is reflective of me running 1. ARM away…2. test that real sensor does not cause siren during delay…3. test after delay to see if real sensor triggers alarm.

Im not good enough to determine if there is something from my old smartApps stuck in there.

I used to have a few pistons but I removed CORE and that other entry delay program.

Any way I can start from scratch or see if I have some old stuff stuck in here?

I just factory reset my hub and installed only the siren and contact
sensor. Bare bones and still cant get it to give me an intrusion alert when
using the smart home delay smartapp. Driving me crazy. Had to reinstall 20
zwave devices after I tested it uuggg

No error messages. I get the little spinny thing for a half a second like the next page is loading, but then nothing happens. I tried uninstalling all three smart apps from the IDE and reinstalling, but same problem.

Only thing I can think of is that my ‘real’ contact sensors are actually ADT sensors which I added into SmartThings as simulated contact sensors themselves, using the AD2SmartThings project.

Could that explain it?

Try entering the optional data to force sensor as real. If that does not work send sceen shot of device from ide.

Hi arnb,

Thanks for all the work you are doing for us! I had a quick question I followed the steps, but it seems that my virtual sensor is never triggered by the physical one. So when I arm (away) and I open the door (after the 30 sec) nothing happens, but if I go to my virtual sensor and click it to open then everything works fine. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks!!

This is the second or third report I’ve had of this issue not sure what’s going on but I will retest it sometime towards the end of this week

About a few weeks ago SHM Delay and Lock Manager are not working anymore.

When I use my Iris Keypad to enter in PIN and Arm or Disarm, the keypad makes a couple audible tones that are different from when you successfully arm/disarm. And it doesn’t Arm/Disarm afterwards. I changed nothing to either app in that time. So I haven’t had it working for a while and just now decided to try and fix it but found nothing to fix. Wondering if anyone here can help.

First make sure your keypad is properly connected to the hub by reviewing the section in the documentation at the beginning of the thread on keypad troubleshooting.
Also in the lock manager keypad module verify your PIN numbers are properly set
If everything seems okay try saving all the parameters from the lock manager and smart home delay it occasionally fixes issues I’ve encountered

@arnb

I checked everything in that section. Everything was correct. I re-saved everything. Problem still occurs. I factory reset the keypad and re-added it. Same problem. I uninstalled both SHM Delay and Lock Manager and re-installed. Still problem continues.

Everytime I enter in the PIN and hit Arm button, it makes 10 successive beeps.

Updated: Corrected, see next post

Bug Notice When the Entry Delay parameter is set to 0, the SHM Delay app does not create an intrusion alert when a contact sensor is opened after the Exit Delay time .

Work Around: Set Entry Delay to something greater than 0.

Discussion: This issue was found by users testing the Exit Delay function per instructions in the release documentation. Generally a contact profile has a defined Entry Delay greater than 0, so it should not impact many users. However, should you have a live profile with an Entry Delay of 0, immediately set it to something greater than 0.

My apologies to those of you who encountered this issue, and my appreciation to those of you who reported it. I was away from home and unable perform any testing until today. The Exit Delay testing documentation was modified until this issue is resolved.

[Update Released] Feb 04, 2018

• Corrected: no intrusion alert issued when Entry Delay is 0

Update module SHM Delay Child from Github arnbme / SHMDelay / master Save, but do not publish
or from code at this link

I solved this issue using webcore. My Schlage BE469 lock itself becomes the keypad that disarms SHM. The concept is this: the lock, plus a contact sensor, determine whether the door is closed and locked. (this prevents false readings if the lock is locked but the door open etc.).

EDIT: your lock DTH will need to be able to report on which codes have been used. The ethayer Lock Manager does this, and AFAIK some of the other custom handlers also do likewise. Haven’t tried the new ‘official’ DTH, as I don’t like to change what’s already working well.

In one piston:

• The simulated contact sensor is called ‘Front Door’.
  • Set the simulated sensor so that if it reports as ‘open’, it does not report its state until 3 seconds after both the lock and actual sensor open.
  • Now take the actual sensor out of SHM, and replace it with the simulated ‘Front Door’ contact sensor.

In another piston:

• On activity at front door lock
  • Have any valid code entered at the front door lock disarm SHM.

Voila! You have now eliminated the need for a separate keypad, which eliminates the need for 20-second delays. Each user has his/her own 8-digit security code, and the moment that person successfully unlocks the door using that code SHM is disarmed.

And of course, you can extend this to anyone unlocking/opening the door using presence - whether that be Android or ST fob or whatever. You could have Android presence configurations in Tasker that require a successful code input on the phone… there are all kinds of ways to approach this that avoid the need for a separate security keypad inside the door.

I narrowed it down to the mode not changing. The routines wont change it and the smrt apps wont change it. When I go to HOME it is always listed away. Any ideas?

Try SHM Delay Modefix option

Not sure if this happens with anyone else, but I’ve been having the virtual contact sensor randomly going off and tripping the SHM. I’ve followed all the instructions and am not sure whats going on. I’ve got a keypad set up with the Lock Manager and the custom code and am ignoring a few motion sensors while disarming the SHM. Any ideas how I can trouble shoot?

The virtual contact sensor always shows in the SHM intrusion message when triggered by a delay profile.

On the Delay Profile be sure to set a notification to your phone or log to contacts. This will include the real sensor that is triggering the intrusion.

I’ve done that in the delay profile, so I disable the SHM based Push notification and that will fix it?

I’m not understanding the question, but I would not disable the SHM push notification.

When using SHM Delay and the intrusion is triggered by a sensor that was removed from SHM and now monitored by SHM Delay, the SHM notication always shows as the virtual sensor. The SHM delay message shows the real sensor causing the event.

Should you be getting random intrusions for the virtual sensor not caused by SHM Delay, it’s possible the phone app is set to “My Home” and the virtual sensor is somehow set to OPEN while the system is armed, or perhaps there are other apps such as webcore using the virtual sensor.

1 Like

I’m not understanding what you mean by

Allow user to optionally override simulated sensor error by entering 4 to 8 characters from IDE Name field into Delay Profile override field

What should be entered here? I cannot seem to get this to work.

This field is used when the selected Real Contact Sensor is rejected as simulated. Then you may go into the IDE, look at the Device Type for the field, enter 4-8 digits of data in the field, then try again. This forces the logic to accept whatever device you throw at it. Prior to having this field I had to modify the logic for each failing user device in the community.

Are you encountering an issue setting up the app?