[Deprecated as of Apr 8, 2018] Smart Home Monitor Exit and Entry Delays (Version1)

Is it possible to auto disarmed at 8am every morning?

Just wondering is this the new ADT/SmartThings sensor?

I was working on an update for @shan52 that solves for a motion sensor being triggered by a door’s motion before SHM senses the contact sensor is open, triggering an unwanted alarm. Kind of odd, but due to cloud timings it seems to happen. The motion sensor fix, and the fix for the ADT device is now available in a beta version at this link. Probably easiest to update from code or should you prefer github: arnbme SHMDelay beta, module SHM Delay Child. Save but do not Publish.

A new field “Motion Sensor Delay” was added to the Delay Profile. When greater than 0, a motion sensor will wait n seconds for the related door sensor to show as open or it creates an intrusion alarm.

I’ve tested the motion sensor delay fix and the code for the ADT device runs without error, but is obviously not fully tested.

Kindly test with the Beta version and let me know your results.

Thank you

I suppose that’s possible with WebCore, try posting on the Webcore forum.

Edit: you can also do that by tapping on the Good Morning or I’m Home routine gear and setting a “When Things Happen” event.

Please see my previous post for a solution for the Motion Sensor issue.

Thank you,

Update This beta has fixed the issue and i was able to set it up and test and both modes Exit and entry.

1 Like

I got it to work! I uninstalled the smartapp from my phone and deleted the device in the IDE. Recreated the device and reinstalled the app. The only thing I did differently this time was that I put in the 911 and police numbers in the settings before I finished the smartapp install. I didn’t do that the first time. I doubt that caused the issue but I thought I’d mention it. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

I am using the RG Linear GD00Z Garage Door Opener device handler and it does not show up as a real device in Smart home delay. Im assuming it say simulated or battery in the code. Any ideas?

1. If by “not showing up” you mean it can be selected, but the app rejects it for use as a real device, that is now fixed in the Beta version.
  2. If the device is not in the list of Smarthings Contact Sensors, that is a whole different kind of problem.

Please let me know which situation applies to your setup, and if it’s #1 above, if the Beta corrected the issue.

The current beta SHM Delay Child is at this link Install “By Code”, Save but do not publish.

I also get stuck adding a Profile and it won’t go to the NEXT screen.

My device is a “DSC Zone Contact” (alarm system) door/window contact. This type was created by the use of the smartapp “DSC Integration”

Can you correct the code for this type or tell me a work around?

Here’s screenshot:

I understand your issue and rather than perpetually modifying the code for devices that don’t report: battery, manufacturer, or model name, I’ve added some user override logic in the Delay Profile.

The latest Beta version of module SHM Delay Child has a solution for this issue, allowing you to input 4 to 8 characters from the IDE Device’s Type field for a mistaken simulated sensor. The input is case insensitive and may contain embedded blanks. In your case that would be DSC Zone

The current Beta SHM Delay Child is at this link Install “By Code”, Save but do not publish.

Or should you prefer using Github: in the IDE you may edit the SHM Delay Child’s “Source Code Options” to arnbme SHMDelay beta after adding the it to settings

Kindly let me know if this works for you.

Thanks!
The setup worked. I’ll test it shortly and let you know if issues. Appreciate it!

[Update Released] Major Enhancement

Existing profiles should work without change. Please report any issues.
Enhancements and Changes

• Allow motion sensors to have a short delay. During entry sometimes a motion sensor “sees” a door, triggering an alarm before the door contact sensor registers as open in SHM. Added optional motion sensor delay field in profile allowing from 0 to 10 seconds for the contact sensor to register as open. Should this field be needed, suggest starting with 5 seconds.

• Allow user to optionally override simulated sensor error by entering 4 to 8 characters from IDE Name field into Delay Profile override field

• Fix logic for sirens without beep command, Should correct issue where siren does not shut off at 2 seconds into an entry delay

• Allow RG Linear and Nortek devices as real.

• Simplify and slim down the error logic code

Could you provide some explanation on how you setup a self modified version of Big Talker to provide a chime Please enter try pin on the keypad Chime for Entry Delay and/or exit delay?

For Exit Delay look at this paragraph in the beginning of this thread

Sound and Text to Speech (TTS) announcements during a “True Exit Delay”

Anyone else unable to get this installed? I get:

Oh No! Something Went Wrong!
Error 500: Internal Server Error
URI /ide/app/doRepoUpdates
Reference Id 52fecd65-0d4f-4b87-a8b5-983f4ae5eb29
Date Sat Jan 06 23:15:13 UTC 2018

everytime I try and install from github. Seems like it’s a github integration issue and not an app issue but wanted to ask just in case.

Will try and install manually.

[Update Released] Performance Enhancement

• Eliminated unused code in doorOpensHandler that wasted cycles

Update module SHM Delay Child from Github arnbme / SHMDelay / master Save, but do not publish
or from code at this link

1 Like

You are the man!!

2 Likes

I am thinking of using this project for my security system to add the ability to have exit and entry delays to my smart home monitor.

I had a few questions:

1. I don’t have a keypad yet and want to order one that will give me beeps during door openings and beep at me during the entry delay period. What keypad would you suggest?

2. I see that there is a different app for exit. Do I need to install that in addition to this project? I am confused about why there are two projects.

3. Can a Sonos speaker be used to ‘beep’ when doors are opened/closed and when the system is ‘beeping’ for delayed entry?

A Keypad is optional. SmartThings keypad support is community supported. Currently, the app interfaces and beeps with Xfinity, Centralite and Iris keypads.

There are two types of exits available:

1. Standard: The system is armed and the devices are ignored for the exit delay period
  2. True Exit: Another app such as SHM Delay TrueExit, or ethayer’s Lock Manager Keypad module, arms the system after a exit delay time period. With a true exit the system is not armed during the exit delay

The smartapp does not support speech and sounds. Other Smartapps such as Big Talker, Remind R and more are available for this function. These apps support speech and sounds on speakers, and DLNA devices such as a tablet.

@arnb I definitely want to use a Keypad. From my reading of the thread, you are using the Iris keypad. I am going to pick one up.

Quick question - is the beeping during entry and exit something I would configure in your app or somewhere else?

I believe the chiming when a door opens on the keypad is something I have to configure in a different app correct?

I’m using an Xfinity keypad. It is almost identical to the Centralite keypad. The Iris is also manuactured by Centralite but has a different exterior configuration. Careful on the Iris keypad, i’ve read the older versions don’t function with ST.

There are two delay beep types:
Exit Delay - issued by ethayer Lock Manager Keypad Module
Entry Delay - issued by my SHM Delay Child module
you may also use webcore to issue the delay tones

I use Lannouncer DLNA with Big Talker for tones and speech when a door opens with 2 Kindle Fire tablets and 1 older android phone