[Deprecated as of Apr 8, 2018] Smart Home Monitor Exit and Entry Delays (Version1)

Made a minor code modification, created this device in IDE, then successfully tested with it. Please update module SHM Delay Child from the repo or code, retry, then please let me know if it works for you.

That fixed it, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply on this. As per the poster below the issue is now fixed for me althought I’m using an older version of Konnected (must update) so my device type is “NodeMCU Connected Contact Sensor”. I manually updated your code to reflect this and working now.

Thanks so much. Great addition!

1 Like

I’m sure there are more folks without your programming skills running old Konnected versions that may show up here. So…

Changed the official app to accept either Konnect or Connect device as a “real” sensor. Please update module SHM Delay Child from the repo or code, retry, then kindly let me know if it works for you

Really excellent. Working now as stock. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Working great.
Thanks you!

Max

1 Like

[Updated] SHM Delay
Corrected an issue with IRIS keypads: when arming in “Partial” mode from the keypad the “Partial” button did not light.

Update the following modules but do not publish

SHM Delay Child in repository arnbme (in upper case that is ARNBME) / SHMDelay / Master or directly at https://github.com/arnbme/SHMDelay/blob/master/smartapps/arnbme/shm-delay-child.src/shm-delay-child.groovy

Keypad (if using my version) in repository arnbme / lock-manager / SHMDelay or directly at https://github.com/arnbme/lock-manager/tree/SHMDelay/smartapps/ethayer

2 Likes

I updated it and it looks like it’s now working properly for me and my Iris Keypad. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’ve been testing the App and the delay works great thanks. When using true Night and mode fix is changing mode supposed to arm/disarm or do you still have have to arm/disarm separately from mode changes?

So for example if I set the mode to night, the alarm would automatically be set to arm home.

True Night eliminates the entry delay in Armed (Home) mode
Mode Fix attempts to fix the mode when setting armed state from the Dashboard or a Smartapp that sets the AlarmState but does not set the mode

The answer is somewhat dependent upon how the system is being armed/disarmed, your hardware devices, and software settings. That said with everything properly set, arming/disarming from either the dashboard, executing a SHM routine, a keypad, or other device should set the entire system and all devices to their proper state.

Please let me know how your system is generally armed/disarmed, and which keypad if any you are using.

That is correct assuming this means executing the Good Night! routine, and Good Night! is set
Set SHM to: Armed (Home)
Change Mode to: Night

How the app understand when you are coming in or going out if you dont have a keypad but just a smart lock?

In all situations it checks the user established Alarm State when a door (contact sensor) opens in order to determine what to do.

As stated in the documentation
Smart Door Locks and outdoor Keypads
This app should not be needed

I have everything working on this except the entry tones. If set the IDE driver to mitchpond the keypad works but without the tones. If I set it to the ethayer setting then it wont take the codes.

I’m using an Xfinity keypad with the DTH from Github miriad/Centralite-Keypad/master (Mitch Pond) and everything works including entry, exit and invalid pin tones using ethayer lock manager and my SHM Delay app.

Be sure to test for the entry tones using the Away alarm state.

I need some additional information. What is the “ethayer setting” ?

If go to the keypad settings under device and change the “type” to centralite keypad (mitchpond) then the keypad works flawlessly except the tones. If I set the "“type” to Zwave Lock Reporting (ethayer) then it wont take the 4 digit code. I hope this makes sense. I have also tried pressing and holding 8 and that doesnt seem to do anything.

On my device when I hold the 8 key for 5 seconds it beeps Supposed to be a tones on off on Xfinity system not sure what it does on ST
Have you tried pressing and holding the 2 key to raise the volume? (5 lowers it) My device does not get very loud.

In your phone app My Home–>keypad: Are tones produced when tapping the speaker icon. If not click the settings icon on top right and set “Enter Length of beep in seconds” I have mine set to 10

If I hold down the 5 I do hear it get quieter. So the beeps are working. If I go to My Home->keypad: I dont see a speaker. If I click on settings icon I only see my device name.

Since this discussion is on SHM, I thought I would check to see if anyone had similar issues. Most of the time, it really isn’t an issue, but I figured I’d ask, anyways. When I bypass some sensors and then return, even if the alarm is disarmed, it goes into SHM alarm mode. Not sure how to stop this, but figured I’d see if anyone else is having this situation.

I’m using a vista20P alarm system (Honeywell) with an Envisalink communicator, along with Redloro’s Smart app/integration…I never use the SHM itself to arm/disarm, I do this directly through Envisalink’s app…but, SHM immediately shows the arm/disarm status when I do this, so that isn’t the issue.

I’m I don’t bypass any sensors and arm away/stay there is never an issue…

This is an image of the keypad device in my Phone App.
settings is gear on upper right corner. speaker on bottom middle.

Capture _2017-10-20-16-58-44

mine looks like this 18 PM