SmartThings Community

[Deprecated as of Apr 8, 2018] Smart Home Monitor Exit and Entry Delays (Version1)

(Kian) #192

I agree arnb but I must remember to clear it when I come home in case my family members do not. And if I am away and my family triggers the alarm accidently, then either the alarm wont sound the next time they want to set the alarm and leave if its the member without a phone or it may if its the member with a smartphone who happens to remember to do so.

This is sort of pointless in a family scenario with people who do not have smartphones or may not be as tech savy and forgetful. It just takes one time of forgetting to dismiss/clear the alert and a thief in your neighborhood for this system to be majorly flawed.

(Kian) #193

Also I just sent a report: [SmartThings Support] Support request #465500: BUG: Smart Home Monitor will not trigger Siren on 2nd intrusion until Dismiss first intrusion

I hope other people will join in and do the same so they see the influx of reports. Maybe tgauchat could chip in as well since hes here right now :wink:

(Shang) #194

I have setup Lannouncer and it work. I was able to activate the Lannouncer, but it can’t be trigger when I for the Delay application.

(Arn B) #195

Based upon the images and info in your message, I’m guessing you want something similar to what is being done in Keypad_EntryDelay_Talker, however you don’t have any keypads.

If you are using LanNouncer, are you also using BigTalker?

Please let me know how your system is normally armed for Away mode, I will do my best to help you.

(Shang) #196

I have the BigTalker app, but how I can work Lannouncer with BigTalker together? I can’t find Lannouncer in the BigTalker app.

(Arn B) #197

Detailed Lannouncer instructions are at this link You need the Lannouncer app on your Android (also works on Kindle Fire) device, and a LanNouncer DTH added to SmartThings.

Test your Android device with the Lannouncer DTH in Smartthings. It should talk and make some siren like sounds.

In Big Talker, set it for use with the Lannouncer Device, then create the text announcements

One big gotcha with using Lannouncer. In your router’s DHCP settings reserve (fixed IP address) the IP address for the Android device, or it will stop talking when the router resets its IP address table.

1 Like
(Shang) #198

OK, it works.

Thank you

1 Like
(Shang) #199

Is the delay works with a motion sensor?

(Arn B) #200

Yes when the sensor is specified in a profile and removed from Smart Home Monitor. Is there a problem?

(Shang) #201

I have removed the motion sensors from SH and created a simulate motion sensor. I am trying to create a new delay profile for the motion sensors, but can’t find in the list under “Real Contact Sensor” and “Simulated Contact Sensor”. However, I see the motion sensors and the simulate motion sensor under “Ignore this motion Sensor when Real Contact Sensor opens”. How do I set this up?

(Arn B) #202

Motion sensors may only be delayed as part of a contact sensor profile. The documentation at the start of this thread has information about handling motion sensors creating an alarm during a delay.

(Arn B) #203

[Update Released] Corrected: Motion Sensor caused False Alarm during Exit Delay

Dec 20, 2017 Away Mode false alarm during Exit Delay.
When not using exit delay from Lock Manager or SHM Delay Trueexit. A followed motion sensor is defined, during away mode a door (contact sensor) was not open, then motion sensor was activated during exit delay time frame, triggering an alarm.

Update module SHM Delay Child from Github

(Shang) #204

I don’t see my motion sensors in the list of contact sensor profile. I have read the above documentation, but not sure what I did wrong.

(Arn B) #205

Click “Create a new profile” or on an existing profile.

The third field on the first profile screen says:
(Optional) Ignore this Motion Sensor when Real Contact Sensor opens (Remove from SmartHome Monitoring) Tap on “Tap to set” below this text

(Jim) #206

Is there anything built into your app that will play a normal/steady tone to an Android device with Lannouncer during an entry event and/or a beep beep sound on exit?

I see there is something for keypads but that looks to be just for Iris and Centralite keypads

(Arn B) #207

The SHM Delay App has no support for DLNA or Speakers. The Keypad_ExitDelay_Talker and SHM_Delay_TrueExit apps, produce Chimes and TTS on Lannouncer and TTS on speakers for the exit delay period. For entry delay I use a self modified version of Big Talker to Chime/Please enter your pin on the keypad/Chime along with keypad beeps and a siren chirp.

Recently learned of the Remind-R app that is similar to Big Talker but has a built in time delay capability.

Lannnouncer supports playing audio files. Perhaps you can use that capability with a Big Talker or Remind-R command to produce your desired sounds.

2 Likes
(Arn B) #208

To everyone who has asked about how to support the SHM Exit and Entry Delay project, you may now donate at:

Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/arnbme

Would it ever be possible to increase the amount of the entry delay? 60 seconds for my physical home layout tends to be very tedious for us. When I was using smart alarm I had it set to 90 seconds which seemed fairly reasonable.

Thanks for all the hard work! The app is great!

(Arn B) #210

For now in the IDE go apps
Click on the name SHM Delay Child, opens the source
at line 353 and 355
change 0…60
to
0…90
Click Save on top menu
Go into your phone app and change the setting to 90

1 Like

You’re seriously awesome. Thank you!

1 Like