Default Z-wave thermostat DTH - change temp by 0.5C and UI modification not working

I’d be very wary of trying that one out right now. Anyone that does should really test the temperature setpoints while physically present to be sure that they work as expected. If I’m remembering correctly, the issue is that the temperature scale (C/F) isn’t currently available in Edge, or perhaps the scale that is available isn’t reliable. I’m running my own thermostat driver with no issues, but I’ve hard-coded the fact that my thermostat and I both measure temperature like good Americans. The beta ST driver has this comment in the code that sums up the current makeshift logic used - it could be that this works just fine for a thermostat running in the normal livable range, but definitely test.

-- under 40, assume celsius

The post below deals with this very topic. I’ve only skimmed it, but it’s the right approach. It requires using the CLI and editing JSON files so it looks scary, but it’s not too terrible a process.

This is also controlled in the device presentation, so while following the steps in the linked topic you would delete the sections pertaining to the fan.

3 Likes