I’ve decided that I’m getting a smartthings + google home to start my home automation journey. I currently have a Harmony Hub, a chromecast, and am getting some chromecast audio deviecs as well for whole home audio.
I’m trying to get a device list together of things that I need to accomplish some of my goals, and I was hoping to get some input from the reddit community. Below are some of my goals to start.
- I’d like have certain rooms with RGB lights and some with regular lights.
- Most rooms will be dimmable, very few will not.
- i’d like to be able to control my fans
Surveillance and Security
- Motion detection to trigger certain events in certain areas
- window/door sensors
- eventually will add surveillance cameras
- I want to be able to control/monitor my garage doors as well
- I’m going to replace my thermostats with smart ones
- control over turning stuff on via harmony hub
- I plan on getting X10 Powermid PM5900 Remote Control Extender Kit to control my living room with harmony too
I’m sure there will be more eventually…but I’m just trying to find a good place to start. Based on the above info I’m looking for some help to find the proper devices. Switches/outlets/lights/sensors etc would be best for a smartthings setup that provide the best results. Any other questions definitely don’t hesitate to ask! Thanks!