Dear SmartThings Staff

I’ve since installed dumb chimes that work 100% of the time and a chain lock. No other options except 2x4 over the door like in the walking dead.

100% agree. ST, let me give you more money. $4.99 / month so I know my stuff will work and you can keep paying developers and hire more.

I don’t think it is out of line at all. How is using SmartThings worse than nothing?

I think you guys are miss understanding me here… My son an open the front door and walk out. Any parent here who has their eye on their child 100% of the time raise your hand. Likely none will.

That is not ST claim.

I shouldn’t have to. The ST official way should work.

I shouldn’t have to, have you seen the emails about SmartApp execution failures over the last couple days.

I do, but what is the point of TTS that works “sometimes” unless it is the end of the month or September.

Yea.

SmartThings marketing should reflect this community, not the white washed stories on their site.

Just because something is known to be a POS, doesn’t mean we can’t ask ST to make it not a POS as they claim.

ST is not a babysitter. I think you miss understood me or I didn’t explain well. You can’t keep you eye on the kid 100% of the time. It would be nice if a $99 box and a $40 contact sensor could out perform a dumb $5 sensor.

Yes, I would never trust ST unless I was involved with the build and knew it would work, but I’d expect at least 99% success. So the 1% of the time where walks out of sight 99% of those times I’d expect ST to catch him. Its not even close.

The responsibility of my child’s safety is our’s alone, not ST. I purchased ST so I could keep him a bit more safe. It was an attempt that failed.

My point exactly. That’s all.

Who does?

Ding, Ding, Ding, thank you.

2 Likes