Dashboard Theming (Custom CSS) and Mounting Hardware Ideas

Well done.

1 Like

This is just fantastic. Looks great and much better value than Wink Relay offers.

Could you please post the links for the outlet box and the USB cable? Just for reference. Thanks!

2 Likes

You got it…
Here is the tablet:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=1&_nkw=insignia+flex+10.1&rt=nc&LH_Auction=1

Here is the Recessed outlet:

Here is the USB outlet:

Here is the USB Cable:

You will also need this:

15ft electric cable (or similar, depends on your house):

The frame is from Hobby Lobby custom fit, just go find the frame u like and custom fit order it.
Also, you will need a drill to make room for the USB cable on the side of the tablet.

oh, and 4 nails to mount the frame on the wall LOL
:slight_smile:
The app i use for this is this:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I hope this time will be substantially cut down with the new version.

2 Likes

Cant wait hehe :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I was debating on what would be the best fit for mounting for my condo and explored wall mount with wireless charge, swivel on wall, tabletop. etc. I brought in an electrician (I hate doing electric work) to quote me on running all the necessary wires and putting in an electrical box but in the end I decided to go with an easy, cheap tablet stand. (I’m using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7 with Full Screen Browser.) After many products researched and reading what everyone did here I chose the tablet mount by ‘Nite Ize’ for ~$30 and I’m loving it - it’s sturdy, small in size, mobile, adjustable and sleek looking. While it’s not a stationary mount I find that be a pro, I was originally ehhh about the idea of a stand and was gung-ho wall mount but I think for me I made the correct decision. I figured I wouldn’t want to get up from the couch to go control the system via wall mounted tablet - if I lived in a house I would definitely have both wall mounts and mobile mounts. Anyways, just wanted to share since I am always combing the forums looking for new ideas and even though this is a pretty obvious and cheap mod, I figured no harm in posting. Cheers!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BAQKROW/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_awd_xs_0E2jybQTVWJCF

4 Likes

There’s also the “car mount” version, which doesn’t have the pedestal. It may work better for wall mounting. Bonus with this mount: the tablet could be easily moved between magnetic bases on the wall and the tabletop.

3 Likes

Jintorcio - were you ever able to make this work? I, too, would like to hyperlink from a still image frame capture to the live camera feed in another dashboard. Right now I need to click the 2nd dashboard button, but this is not optimal.

Nice Boston :slight_smile:
How do you charge it? just plug in the cable?

Not yet!

• ->>> John <<<-*

Thanks, that’s King Leonidas - ruler of the smart home.

Yeah, I usually just plug it in directly to the wall or I have an Anker Portable Charger that I just connect it to, once fully charged the battery runs forever since it’s only running that one page and screen is only turned on when there is touch/motion.

Here is a screen shot of my 1st floor dashboard (kitchen and living room). It runs on a $39 DigiLand 7" Android. I’m still playing around trying to get motion/touch activation working. For now, it runs continuously.

7 Likes

Damn that is nice.

I think I can see how the buttons were placed, but what is the CSS code used for the blue print layout, or is it just the background image giving that layout.

Yes, it is the background image with transparent buttons. Only works on one size/resolution tablet.

1 Like

Immensely, was trying to figure out a browser that would work, perfect. Definitely worth pitching the extra money to the developer for the Plus version.

3 Likes

Hello,

I would like to change my mode icon color to red if the mode is anything other than Away. Is there a way to do this with the custom CSS?

Alternatively, I have a custom mode of Disarmed, if I could figure out how to have the icon for disarmed be red that would work great as well.

Thanks! Jeff

How did u setup activating? Motion or touch? Can you share? I just ordered a Samsung tab e lite on Black Friday and I need to figure out what to do… thanks

Damn, I need to get on my icons but I figured I would add the radar and post up. I used to have Amazon music linked but when they updated the app, the linking went away. I really need to figure out how to integrate a music control in here, short of Sonos.

Family Room Nexus with Motion activation in home made flush mount:

Kitchen, old iPad but I need to find a solution for login like the Nexus Fully Kiosk:

Folded up, almost flush:

5 Likes

cool!!! how do you integrate the “web parts” on the right side?

Found the directions in this thread but basically a stop motion tile with a gif link from my local news station :nerd_face:

1 Like