Dashboard Theming (Custom CSS) and Mounting Hardware Ideas

Doh! Interesting.

Ok, here’s the deal…one of them is indeed set to use a different Device Handler (the one from takissd).
However, I changed it to use the ‘stock’ one, but no change.

To get it to work like I’m wanting, does it need to be completely recreated from scratch, or is there some setting I can flick?

EDIT: Actually, as it turned out, I had another copy of the ‘stock’ one in mine, and that’s the one I tried first. Now I just tried the REAL ‘stock’ one, and it works just fine.

So, THANKS! once again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What apps are you using, specifically for the motion detection? I’ve got a few modded Kindle Fires that I’m wanting to do the motion detection with.

Thanks!

Hey all, this might have been mentioned, however I couldn’t find anything searching. Is there anyway to move tiles around with the new version? I might be missing something simple here, but can’t find it.

Thanks

There’s a Sort Tiles menu option buried in the SmartApp Preferences for each SmartTiles child Dashboard (using the SmartThings native mobile App, hamburger menu, SmartApps, SmartTiles (Connect) and then drill into each dashboard and explore all the options…).

But a quick way is to bring your dashboard up in a browser and edit the URL to read “/list” instead of “/ui” (and leave the token parameter still in place)… That will jump right to the Tile sorting web page. It saves instantly.

(Also… “/css” is available to bring up the edit custom CSS page…).

1 Like

This is great. I found the Preferences in the smartapp, but the /list option is a great tip. Much appreciated!

1 Like

@tgauchat
I have a picture I want to use as a stop motion video but the I need to zoom in on the picture so it is clearly on my tablet.
Anyone have any ideas on how I can capture more specifically the forecast, I’d say I have about 20% of useless border on this image.

Can’t find a 5 day forecast…

You might just have luck finding a live image cropping service thar doesn’t have any restrictions and works completely with URL parameters…

Here’s one that looks like it might work, but I didn’t try at all. I’m guessing they may actually be hundreds, but not sure how to find them…

https://projects.pbs.org/confluence/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/30026346

Yeah, I’m having trouble finding one also.
I tried the example you linked but the crop URL modifications aren’t working.

I would imagine there is SOMETHING that does this…

You can try the following CSS block:

.video.tile[data-link-i="1"] .video-container {
    overflow: hidden;
}

.video.tile[data-link-i="1"] img {
    height: 110%;
    left: -5%;
    position: relative;
    top: -5%;
    width: 110%;
}

data-link-i="X" is the index of your camera feed. Play with the height and with values to get the desired cropping. The value for left would be (height - 100%) / 2. Same for top.

4 Likes

Awesome, thank you.

Is anyone using the Anrdoid Motion Detection app?
Are you finding the app almost turns off every 3 days or so?
I have reopen the app and turn it off and back on to get the motion detection to work again.

How many tablets can be used with the SmartTiles without causing issues with page refresh or interference?

There is no theoretical limit, but if you keep pushing, it will topple over eventually…

1 Like

Thanks. Planning on one wall mounted on each floor (3) and one to keep mobile around the house.

1 Like

Some push notifications do this. I’m not sure which ones because I just turn them off when it happens but I may turn off more than one at a time.

V6 will support “dozens and dozens” of Dashboards per SmartThings Account / Location; also in theory, but the architecture is designed for highly scalable performance.

Does anyone know if the HooToo camera will work with Smart Tiles? 30$ for a camera is a amazing deal.

HooToo Security & Surveillance HD Camera WPS One Key Setup, Micro SD Card Slot (up to 32Gb) - White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CKYD4YM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_T9CqxbS0TA92W

Please avoid cross posting the same question to multiple Topics or Categories… Thanks!

I’ve posted a reply…

Don’t know if anyone else likes it but this is on Amazon for $69. Looks cool. I was gonna use it as a remote for Harmony but now I think I might use it for SmartTiles.

1 Like

Looks promising. Can you tell me whether you are noticing any significant lag when loading / moving between web pages (at least more than what you would expect on a laptop or higher-priced tablet)?

@infofiend For what I’m using it for no. All and all it is a sluggish tablet if you were to use it like you normally would use a tablet. But for smarttiles and Tiny cam it works great.

1 Like