Dashboard Theming (Custom CSS) and Mounting Hardware Ideas

Do we use the same format for changing the icon for individual links too?

tile.link[url] .icon {content : "icon"}
1 Like

Sure Alex, i’ll also try to take better pictures that show the interface clearly.

Finally installed a frame around my dashboard. Eventually I’d like to use a frosted piece of plexiglass with sign standoffs in each corner. This works for now though.

9 Likes

@bbadalucco
Do you mind if I post this picture on my site too?

Not at all, go ahead.

Which frame is that?

I actually made the frame myself with about $10 of wood and some spray paint.

Hey @brianlees & @coolcatiger here is what it looks like behind the mount.

4 Likes

I didn’t want to cut any holes in drywall, so my concept was a lot less invasive for the walls. Also, it’s nowhere near done, so mostly it’s still a concept.

Great work! You show some commitment to SmartTiles if you are willing to cut your walls open :thumbsup:

1 Like

Alex, I don’t remember who took it, but you have to post the picture of SmartTiles running on the Tesla browser on your site as well.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have to work on the content. There’s lots of information and pictures to add.

Sorry in advance for all the questions. What do you mean by index? Is it the URL I entered into the smartapp on my phone or do I need to make an index elsewhere in the code and if so, how and where would I put it.

I assumed it meant 1 for the first link, 2 for the second link depending on how may links/dashboard links you have.
Sadly though, this did not seem to work for me. I tried:

.tile.dashboard[data-link-i='1'] .icon {content : ""}

I only have one dashboard link for this dash.

@625alex, did I do that right?

Sorry it took me so long to try, I was on vacation.

There was a typo, should be
.tile.dashboard[data-link-i='1'] .icon i {content : ""}

Sorry @625alex but that did not work either :frowning:
Is the “1” in fact for the first link or dash url listed?

Sorry to be a pain.

Great app thanks so much for putting this together. I mounted my nexus 7 2013 but i’m trying to figure out how to get the screen to auto turn on when i walk up or touch the tablet screen. Ive never used an android device before, is this possible?

Preferably i’d like it to wake directly into action dashboard.

Thanks for any advice

1 Like

I used a motion detector app from the play store and used that with Tasker app to wake the screen. The motion spp has an example of how to make it work with Tasker.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. i’ll check both of those out now.

Take a look at this, Turn Screen. I found it in another thread, and have been using it for own Nexus 2013 for the past few months. Let me know if you have any trouble.

4 Likes

TurnScreen is what I use as well

1 Like