SmartThings Community

Dashboard Theming (Custom CSS) and Mounting Hardware Ideas

dashboard
dashboardhardware
smarttiles.click
smarttiles
project_dashboard

(Anthony) #338

Works like a charm Alex. Thank you very much!

(Ron) #340

Looking to modify the spacing and alignment of the words at the top of the tile.

(Alex) #341

.tile .title { text-align: center;}

You have to look up CSS spacing…

(Alex) #342

CSS analyzer allows you to view CSS composition of each page element, change it and see the results in real time.

Once you are happy with the results, you can save the necessary classes in SmartApp preferences.

(Alex) #343

History view does not have device IDs on the list items. I never thought it would be used that way. I will add device IDs in the next patch so that individual list items would be CSS addressable.

(Eric M) #344

I got a Pipo X8 and it is working great with SmartTiles. It doesn’t have any mounting holes on the bottom, but could easily be modified to do so. It would look great on a wall.

(Matt B) #345

Sorry for the ignorance, but I’ve been through the thread and can’t find this. where do I find the data-device number, or unique identifier for the tile I’m looking to modify? I was in IDE and looked at my device list, but there doesn’t seem to be a column of data-device. the closest is device network ID, but some have long ID numbers and some just have a “03”. Can I use the display name somehow to call out a change to the tile?
For an example, say I have a “Front Porch Light” device, with device ID “03”, no zigbee ID number. how do I identify this in the CSS to change the background color?

(Scott Windmiller) #346

When you go into the device you want it’s going to be the last part of the url.
I don’t remember exactly what the url looks like but know it’s in the end of the url. If you can’t figure it out let me know and when I get to a computer I can tell you exactly.

(Bruce) #347

What is everyone using to display the SmartTiles.click in full screen mode AND lock the tablet down to just displaying the Smarttiles.click URL? I am using an Android tablet and toying around with Kiosk Lockdown browser which does isolate everything on the tablet to just one web page and locks out every other function. The free version lacks the ability to remove the upper browser status bar and the lower HOME, BACK, and REFRESH buttons.

Any other options worth looking into?

(Alex) #348

I might end up purchasing SureLock, but it’s $35. I’m interested in what everyone else is using as well

(Bruce) #349

Check into Kiosk Lock Down Browser if you are using an Android Device. I have tried a few different options and that App does lock down all facets of the device. I thought that 8 dollars was steep for the full version (which gives the enhanced features that I would need) , but compared to SureLock @ 35.00 its a bargain. :smile:

(Alex) #350

That is a great option! What’s a good wake up screen app? I don’t have a proximity sensor, just a camera.

(Bruce) #351

I have read about successful wake screen from camera motion detection with the use if this app

on Android Devices. It needs to be paired with the Tasker App and Secure Settings Plug in… To wake the device though using the Tasker plug in Secure Settings the device needs to be “rooted”.

See the 4th post on this Reditt Thread

[RELEASE: v6.7] ActionTiles (formerly called "SmartTiles V6")
(Matt Fink) #352

I just got my Smarttiles setup and I love it! I have a tablet coming next week that I’m going to mount and use for this and my AirPlay driven whole home audio.

My question is - and I searched but didn’t find the answer… Is there a way to make hello home modes as its own tile? IE one tile for goodnight, one for good morning, etc?

Also, one of my foscams is 960p so the ratio looks weird in Smarttiles, can I fix this?

Thanks so much!

(Alex) #353

If you want to trigger particular actions, you could associate them with (virtual) switches using “Switch Activates Home Phrase” app. It’s #31 on this list.

(Matt Fink) #354

Thanks! I got it to work!

I have one more question! I am trying to make a second dashboard and I looked through github and can only find the code for an older version (ActiON) - can you send me a link to the code so I can make a second dashboard?

Thanks!

(Matt Fink) #355

Ahhh nevermind - I finally got through the other thread (with 850 posts) to realize its now closed source. Man - I just ordered 4 tablets to set up too! Oh well, I will wait patiently for multiple dashboards - this is an amazing project and worth the wait! And of course I will be sending a donation!

(Korban Hadley) #356

You can setup Multiple Dashboards with smarttiles. I have. Just name one Upstairs, MasterBedroom, Or living room and add different switches, etc to them. Is this what you are referring to.

(Dan) #357

I am continuing to read through this thread but what I am trying to find is if there is any creative ways for wiring electric to mount a tablet on a wall? Or do most plug it in and leave it in a high traffic area on a counter or something? Thanks!

(Josh) #358

Huy–try these Magnets… https://www.apexmagnets.com/magnets/blocks
SKU# M34x34x116BL . They hold 5.2 lbs per Magnet.

I did something very similar to you but these magnets were so strong that I could place them behind the wall plate (http://tinyurl.com/od4gafv). Two magnets hold it so securely that I didn’t even bother adding a 3rd or 4th–infact I’m convinced that 1 would work just fine–though two help keep it straight. :smile: