Dashboard Theming (Custom CSS) and Mounting Hardware Ideas

Hi @WB70 Yes this works, thank you very much.

I do not have Plus version yet because I am still looking for a good Tablet 10’ and good price.

1 Like

I created a custom frame for my kindle fire 7 and 8 HD as I couldnt find something for this that I liked that would hide the cords. The Kindle fits into the wood frame and has spots to plug in audio and usb power. I’m going to change up the endmill used to make this and shrink a bit but I wanted to share what I have so far.

I’m going to change the mount on how it attaches to the wall for the next version. I might borrow the magnet designs on here to improve it a bit.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Really great work, Kevin! :clap:

Keep us posted on the evolution.

1 Like

did you ever get the cable you were looking for as i’ve also been on the hunt for one

No, I haven’t found one. I did see similar posted here. But it doesn’t look to be all that flush where the micro usb wraps under the tablet.

I posted a pic of the “flush” cables in that other thread this morning. Check it out. They aren’t quite as flush as I had hoped.

Anyone have Insignia NS-P10A7100? I have problems with WIFI, dropped many times.

I bought that model in Dec. '16 and had the same Wi-Fi issue. I exchanged it for another and it had the same issue. Finally returned it for a refund.

Best Buy now has an updated model, the NS-P10A8100. However, I have no experience with that model. Maybe someone else who has it can chime in.

1 Like

So I made my cables for dirt cheap with just a little bit of soldering. I also mounted my tablets for dirt cheap using regular Velcro.

Here’s the part where I got the flat right angle Micro USB Tip:

After disconnecting the Flat Ribbon from the charging receiver, I just needed to find which side was positive and which side was ground:

Since this is for charging only, All I needed was the Vcc and Ground Wire. The flat ribbon cable is coated with plastic so you have to expose the copper.:

I cut the other 2 wires off (White and Green), cut the ribbon cable down the middle (to fully separate for soldering) and tinned both the flat ribbon and Red and Black Wires.

I used 3 pieces of heat shrink tubing. Smaller diameter pieces for the Red Wire (Vcc) and Black Wire (Ground) and one larger diameter to cover the entire connection for a cleaner look.

The rest of the pictures will show the rest:

Considering the tablet already came with the cable, this cost me about $2.00 and about 1 Hour of Labor.

6 Likes

Hi. Im using fully kiosk on a nexus 7 as always dashboard. Worked fine until perhaps 2 weeks ago, after which I now have to relogin every some hours of there has been no activity.
So at least every morning I and every afternoon after work I need to relogin.

Anyone knows what changes or how to make it stay logged in?

Re-login to what? Android? SmartTiles? ActionTiles?

Very sorry, forgot that important part. Relogin to smarttiles running in fully browser

1. Switch to ActionTiles and your problem is likely solved.

2. SmartTiles login session length is determined by the SmartThings IDE session cookie, which suddenly depends on the Samsung login information; so it’s a big mystery and out of our hands.

Hi
As I dont have much time to learn and setup a new dashboard, I tried a lazy solution.

On my androind tab I use Daydream which activated an app called “Lucid daydram screensaver” which displays family pictures.
And I have Tasker running on it for various purposes.

So I created a Profiles that triggers every hour , and that runs a Task, which

1. Test if Lucid app is currently running (meaning no body is currently using the dashboard)
  2. If Yes, then load the Fully Kiosk browser app, which automaticalitty reloads the Smarttiles

This has keept my Smarttiles “alive” for 1-1½ weeks now, without having to relogin at any time. So this works for me at the moment. Then purpose I will make the later :slight_smile:

Yessir, I visualize a great solution. Let me know if it’s not been addressed and I sketch it up for you.

check this…color codes

Do you still have this? It’s been a few years, and I wandering if you found this to be sturdy…

1 Like

I still have it, but my old tablet died. So will get a new one later this month, Funny the mount is fine but the tablet hosting my dashboard is dead. :wink: