Danfoss Thermostats don't show up when authorizing Google Assistant

So, nothing?

We’re working on it. In the mean time you should use a custom Device Type Handler.

I haven’t tested this, but it should work:

The changes on our end are more complicated, but that should get you up and running in less than 5 minutes.

Awesome!!! Thank you so much! I finally have some contol over my thermostats!
UI looks very promising. I love the quick on/off switch!

Here is my feedback - Sorry if I’m reporting things already known…

1. The main issue at this moment I found to be that thermostat adjustments cannot be done with routines, even though now I can see them and pick them in route configuration. Here are some repro steps…
    a) Create a route and let it set the heat temperature to 25 for a thermostat
    b) Run the route
    c) Temperature is set as expected
    d) PROBLEM: Thermostat quick switch is still in off state
    e) PROBLEM: Requested temperature never reaches the device

2. (this might be minor or even related to previous device handlers used for my devices) First time I opened the control page for a thermostat I got the screen you see attached. There was something corrupted there. After clicking somewhere once it was fixed and never happened again!

3. Quick on/off switch remains in ON mode when temperature is lowered using the device buttons. This seems to be fixed by adding the following else in line 231:

else {
eventList << createEvent(name: “switch”, value: “off”, displayed: false)
eventList << createEvent(name: “thermostatMode”, value: “off”, descriptionText: “Thermostat mode is changed to off”)
eventList << createEvent(name: “thermostatOperatingState”, value: “idle”, displayed: false)
}

Visible to Google Home! Thanks.
Here is what works
Turn hall heater to heat - Sure, changing the hall heater to heat
Turn hall heater to off - Sure, changing the hall heater to off
(When current mode if heat) Turn hall heater temperature to 22 degrees

Here is what doesn’t work
4) Turn hall heater ON (Response: That mode isn’t available)
Using the phrase “Turn hall heater to heat” doesn’t sound natural. I would expect that ON works as well.

5 ) (When current mode is off) Turn hall heater temperature to 22 degrees (Response: The hall heater is off right now, so I can’t make any adjustments)
Perhaps this is a limitation of Google Home, however I would expect that heaters turns ON when I request a specific temperature, even when it is OFF at that time.

I managed to solve the main issue (No 1) with the following code, which is similar with my solution for issue no 3. Simply my groovy skills aren’t that good, so I had to duplicate some code:

def setOnOffStateBySendingEvents(Double radiatorTemperature) {
def offTemperature = quickOffTemperature ?: fromCelsiusToLocal(4)
if (radiatorTemperature > offTemperature) {
	sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "on", displayed: false)
	sendEvent(name: "thermostatMode", value: "heat", descriptionText: "Thermostat mode is changed to heat")
	sendEvent(name: "thermostatOperatingState", value: "heating", displayed: false)
}
else {
	sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "off", displayed: false)
	sendEvent(name: "thermostatMode", value: "off", descriptionText: "Thermostat mode is changed to off")
	sendEvent(name: "thermostatOperatingState", value: "idle", displayed: false)
}
}

This function I eventually call from setHeatingSetpoint function.

Hi, it has been a while since last post here, is there any update on timeline when we can expect Danfoss Living Connect to work properly (as the issue mentioned here has not been addressed yet).

Dear Konrad, throw your smartthings in the trash and set up home Assistant on a raspberry pi with a z-wave stick. That’s what I did.

Suddenly all your devices will start working!

And you will be able to do much more without writing code.