Danfoss Living connect termostat

Does anyone know if I can connect Danfoss Living Connect Temostats directly to ST? It is the Z-Wave model, but i am not able to find it in ST?. Does it reqiure a hub, bridge og anything else?

I don’t think so. The only supported Danfoss models are the LC13 and the eTRV0100 which is Zigbee.

It does need to be connected to a smartthings hub or the Aeotec version of the smartthings hub. And it has to be a European version of the hub so that it will match the zwave frequency of the end device.

That’s been a popular model in the community going back to 2015. There are now a couple of edge drivers that work with it. :sunglasses: You can either use the generic Z wave thermostat Edge Driver or there is a community-created one that also works.

You can find discussion of those at the following link. (Tap on the topic title to go to that thread.)

Ask the people in that thread for more information since they are using it.

@Brad_ST

The “LC” in LC13 stands for “Living Connect.” Same model line. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It is the LC13 models

It should pair to the ST hub then.

I looked at this device (https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/93) which we do not have a fingerprint for. But if you have this one (https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/932) then it should work.

1 Like

Yes - that is the one…
In the other forum they are writing about a driver that i should add to smartthings. Not a devicehandler but a driver. Not sure how to install that…?

You don’t need to deal with that unless you really want to. Otherwise things should work without adding an Edge driver.

FWIW there is a fingerprint for the LC13 already - SmartThingsEdgeDrivers/fingerprints.yml at main · SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsEdgeDrivers · GitHub

I am afraid that i dont know how and where to work with the EDGE drivers…?
The guy i bought them from wrote that is was LC13… but not sure how to check he didn’t cheat me…

This will explain about edge drivers:

FAQ: I have no idea what Edge is. Is that a new developer tool? (2022)

2 Likes

Thanks!!! New to me :slight_smile: Many things in this world is :wink:

1 Like