Danfoss LC-13 E5 error constantly showing on official device handler

Hi,

I have multiple Danfoss 014G0013 (SW 1.01) TRVs in two homes, and they all started to go into E5 error (thermostat not receiving expected replies from the control system. Check the z-wave controller is certified) when started using them with official danfoss termostat device handler provided by smartthings team.

I haven’t had this error even once when used custom device handler provided by community (@tommysqueak) in here, but sadly this handler is not working with new smartthings app.

Keep in mind that the problem is not with TRVs as they all worked perfectly fine before. I tried reincluding them again but it doesn’t help as they all go to same error anyway. Moving them closer to the hub is also not an issue as even the one which is about 3 meters from it also goes to same error.

Have anyone experienced same problem and found any solution?

1 Like

Hello. I have the same problem. They seem to affect each other. Try to find the one who has the problem and deactivate it. I have 3. After I disabled the one with the error, the others worked ok

Hi

I have same problem, but only on 3 thermostats out of 9.
The 3 thermostat than come with E5, is the devices that are located longest distance from the hub, and are routing through other devices.
It does not matter if sw are version 2.51 or 1.01 in the thermostat.
I wrote to Samsung support, and they suggested to remove the app and reinstall the app on the phone……
I don’t believe that this help, as the app is only remote for the cloud, and have nothing to do with communication between hub and devices!

Hi.

Same problem here.
I have 5 of these Danfoss LC-13 thermostats at home.
3 out of 5 Show the E5 error code. 2 of them works as nothing has happaned and. The remaining two are online and stable in the system.
But the other three always go offline with the E5 error.
Sometimes each goes back online, I can change the temperature, but suddenly these three became offline again.
I installed a z-wave range extender from Aeotec, if the signal path or strenght are not appropriate.
Nothing has changed.
I have no idea why thrre of them go offline with E5 error and why the remaining two works just stable and fine.
I tried to reinstall the app, I used the app from iphone or Samsung tablet, but that is not the issue.
I excluded and included them from the z-wave network. But in some time they go back again to E5 error state.
I tried to pair them with iphone or Android tablet and phone. It’s all the same.
It seems sometimes when I pair one of them again, it has affect the others ones and the others have E5 communication error.
It is like they collide with each other.
I bought them at once two years ago. I haven’t checked the firmware version of the thermostats, but probably the two ones working fine have different version, and the thermostats having communication issues have other versions of firmware, that is not really compatible with the present HUB firmware or built-in device handler.

Need help,

I have the same problem like you guys.
6 LC13 thermostats but 3 of them are showing E5 after a while…