D-link to end IFTTT support by end of 2020

Yep. As I mentioned a couple of months ago, I think more and more brands are going to decide just to rely on Amazon Alexa routines (and google’s, if they add more features to be comparable to Amazon’s) as their “man in the middle“ integration.

The companies don’t have to pay Amazon for that (they do have to pay Ifttt) and Amazon’s customer service is way better, which both increases customer satisfaction and reduces the Device manufacturer’s support costs.

I’ve been moving as much as I can off of Ifttt since February, and I used to use it a lot. :sunglasses:

1 Like

It is really a shame. IFTTT allows integration between multiple platforms and providers, not only for IoT. Without the need of any programming skills of course.

1 Like

Yes, we will have to wait and see what happens. My guess is that the first émigrés will be the ones that feel that Amazon routines offer equal or greater functionality. Then the question will be whether there are enough left of the others to keep Ifttt going or not.

Zapier maybe another alternative for some non-IOT applications. But their free tier is only 100 transactions per month, so I never got into using them.

https://zapier.com/home