Custom Zigbee Devices

So, looking through the developers section of the site. When adding your own Zigbee devices that are not supported out of the box… I have a quick question.

Is there a way to make those auto-discover via the “Connect New Device” option on the phone…

if not, when adding it through the developer portal, is the Zigbee ID the really long, MAC like ID that’s printed on the device itself?

Depends on the device on if the ZigBee and the MAC are the same. On the other note, you cannot pair a device by putting the ZigBee ID in the site. The device has to go through the pairing process in order to do a security “handshake” to get the network security key. All devices should have some sort of instruction on how to put it into pairing mode.

BLAH, this is getting annoying. Part of the reason I bought the ST Hub was because my old system used Zigbee sensors, and now it’s turning out that they either won’t work at all, or it’s going to be a massive hassle to get them to work :frowning:

what sensors? Almost every ZigBee device needs to go through a pairing process to get onto the network.

http://na.smc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/SMCDW02-Z-Datasheet-20130102-v1_2.pdf