Custom Images in tiles

New to the HA world and have got half a dozen things in my home. One thing that is nagging me is how do I upload custom images to the things tiles on the android app like the screenshots on the google play listing? Also when I rename the things why don’t it show the name all the time? I can’t tell what all my switches are…Thanks

Not possible…at least not yet from what I know. I wouldn’t doubt if they add this in the future though!

You can for some things… like groups (folders) or presence tags.

@sprke It depends which kind of device you’re working with, but all tiles that can be changed can be done via the device details screen, which can be accessed by tapping the gear on the top right of the tile.

For presence devices or groups of devices, tap “Appearance,” and you can either take a photo or use one that’s already on your phone.

For the SmartSense Multi, there are rings you can tap to choose whether you want to display open/close, active/inactive or temperature as your primary view.

And finally, for switches, tap “Icon” to choose an icon from a library.

We realize this is not super intuitive and we’re working on some major UI updates, but I hope this helps in the meantime.

Emily Allen

Sorry, looks like I also missed your question about device names. If you shake your device from the tile view, your device names will briefly appear.

Emily, Thanks for the shake but don’t break information. Would be nice if they were there all of the time.