(Pre-Subcategory creation) Deals/Sales/Coupons/Pricing

Got two of them up and running earlier this month. They were a pain to get connected, but following the guidance on this site was succesful.

Yes, first alert z-combo pairs with ST easily and ST knows when I push the test button. There have been no fires in my house since I bought it, so that’s all I can say.

That’s not a deal per se, $40 is the price it’s been since last year, except in nov-dec it was $30. Camelcamelcamel is your friend.

4 Likes

$39.97 is the standard price, so discussion of that is probably better done on another thread.
That said, I also have 2 but for me, they were super easy to setup.

Thank you for all the replies. I will keep an eye on this using camelcamelcamel.

This This This! =D There is a plugin for Chrome that it will actually provide a quick button to press while at the amazon page to see the camelcamelcamel page. And it’s Awesome.

4 Likes

Lowes flagged my order for the Iris kits! They called, said the order was canceled and i would need to reorder. They questioned my discount… I reordered, this time didnt get it shipped, just did store pick up.

Whew. Checked and mine shipped. I wondered if anyone would get tagged.

So, the next deal is where? What a week!

Woot has iPad mounts right now. Great for your SmartTiles setup.

1 Like

Thank you for pointing this out @schapper05!! A very useful extension! :grin:

Oh, I am buying more! I need at least 4 more! I will buy them before the 8th =)

Only running Android 3.2, but still a decent option for a 10" control panel .
Acer Iconia Tab 10.1" (A500) Tablet 16GB $85

I looked at the physical coupon posted in the thread, said the 8th?

1 Like

[quote=“Belgarion, post:335, topic:34950”]
I just came back from Lowe’s after picking up my 3rd and 4th boxes of these: Iris Home Automation Pack
[/quote]I picked up one set (77.40 after the coupon)… is this really that good of a deal? My local Lowes has a dozen more.

Edit: Nevermind. Wrong one.

It is a good deal considering how many items you get for that price.

That’s just over $15 each for the items.

Door and window sensors for that price is excellent, as is the motion sensor. Those small plug style sockets are typically expensive. The SmartThings branded one is over $50.

The button could be a good deal if you have a use for it. Otherwise, it might be a little underwhelming since it’s only 1 button and a minimote could do more for $20.

The $99.99 pack is a good deal since it drops it to $60 before tax for a motion sensor, 2 door sensors, and a keypad.

40% off just about anything, let alone HA gear is usually pretty ddarn good

2 Likes

It’s a good deal if you can use all the pieces. Typically $20 is a good deal for a sensor. Pocket sockets vary lot more you can sometimes find them for $20 but more typically a good deal would be $30. So it would be a good price just for the three sensors and the pocket socket. The button you may be able to use, or may not, but you’re basically getting it free anyway.

On the other hand, if you only need the sensors, then you could probably do better looking for sales on the individual pieces.

So essentially I’d say if you can use four of the devices, no matter which four, it’s a good deal. :sunglasses:

I wish the 40% off worked for a bunch of open/close sensors and not just the kits. Blah… At least Iris stuff works now for us and Lowe’s are everywhere! I usually get a gift card from cardpool when I’m making big purchases from Lowe’s, usually save about 8%.at least it’s something lol

FYI, Lowes gift cards from most sites like cardpool or cardcash don’t work online any. They’re technically “merchandise credit” and Lowes decided to stop accepting those online.

I’ve never had a problem from cardpool.

Are you looking for just the open/close sensors?

I went to my local Lowe’s tonight and showed them the online price out of New York for $13.98. They price matched it and gave me the 10% military on top of that. I got 6 of them tonight.for $13.97 after taxes… Yeah… I know… I only saved a penny and could have probably done a little better by shipping them here… but… I didn’t have to wait!!!