Current Device Deals & Best Prices (link to new thread at bottom of thread)

Yep Zcombo no luck pairing. Now trying the motion sensor from the kit. App found it but its stuck on identifying. The motion sensor flashed blue when the battery was installed and has flashed green cpl times but still on identifying.

With Black Friday/Cyber Monday coming, are there any websites worth monitoring for deals? I have been watching the typical Amazon’s/Monoprice etc. just wondering if anyone has past experience with good deals. Thanks!

this is the site I prefer to use Earn Cash Back at stores you 💜

Picked up one of these today as well. I couldn’t get it to pair right off the bat either. So I redid the steps a second time and it worked. Slide out the tray that holds the batteries, push and hold the test button, slide it back in and then release the button. I did this while going through and specifically setting up the smoke alarm by choosing it under safety rather than just using the standard connect device option.

2 Likes

Been watching this one:

Amazon mobile app deal for Black Friday countdown (available only from the deals tab in the mobile app) will include $50 off a SmartThings bundle, but it doesn’t say exactly when:

That looks like a nice list; however, there does not seem to be very many deals. I like the hue 80 off. Hopefully more deals come soon.

Thanks tied that several times along with exclusion and reset. Still no luck. I bought 4, 3 connected instantly.
No problem, will do an exchange.

Yeah I noticed that too but expect it to pick up soon hopefully.

HomeControls is currently offering 25% discount on the Leviton Z-wave appliance & dimmer modules (due to overstock?) $23.44 + $21.88 respectively plus shipping

Learn more at: http://www.homecontrols.com/manufacturers_list/LevitonVizia

Maybe it’s because they are so overpriced to begin with? :smile: Their sale price just drops them to about the same as all the other options out there.

Amazon Echo with free Insteon hub - $179.99

Turn around and sell the Insteon hub for $40-$60 on eBay. Not the best deal, but still a bit cheaper.

1 Like

Exactly what I was thinking, actually their 50% off price is still about 50% higher than market price. Let me know when it is a minimum 75% off their " regular price" then maybe it will at least be competitive.

The Leviton Vizia add features that the less expensive Z wave switches don’t. You may not need those features but it doesn’t mean that they’re not worth the added cost to someone. For example, their Vizia line has instant status update, most of the less expensive modules don’t. They may also have a longer warranty period.

There’s a lot of “good, better, best” product development in DIY electronics, and zwave devices are no different.

Know what you need, know what the product offers, find the best match for your own situation. :sunglasses:

First Alert Battery-Operated Carbon Monoxide Detector and Smoke Detector $29.97

http://www.lowes.com/pd_505521-347-ZCOMBO_0__?productId=4780109

3 Likes

Scored again at Lowes! I’ve now been to a heck of a lot of Lowes trying to price match now that I have several receipts in hand from other Lowes
 went as far south as El Centro the other day (for a military thing, not just for Lowes) and hit up their Lowes which oddly didn’t have anything iris at all. They said no one was buying the automation things so they sent it all back.

I hit up two more Lowes in Palm Springs on the way back home, one wouldn’t price match for me but they had a bunch of the outdoor module plugs and 3-way switches so if someone else wants to try the address for that one is : 35900 Monterey Ave, Palm Desert, CA 92211. The items are not with the Iris display, but down that same isle hanging on a shelf beam about mid-way down.
The other Lowes in Palm Springs near the airport wouldn’t price match either, but they let me have their last dimmer switch for $20.

I revisited a Lowes in Chino Hills last night (which originally told me they wouldn’t price match) and they now would with my receipts
 so I got two dimmer switches for $9 each, another outdoor module plug for $10, and a 3-Way switch for $10. WHEW! This thread has saved me SO much money (though put a lot of wear and tear on my car from going to so many Lowes!)

So, so far I’ve gotten 6x Dimmer Switches, 3x Outdoor Module Plugs, and 1x 3-Way Switch all because of this thread! If anyone would like a scan of my receipts at all, just PM me.

Also picked up the Lowes First Alert Smoke/Carbon detector for the $29 sale price with a $5 coupon from that Lowes coupon generator site. total came out to about $24.

3 Likes

I just picked up my 2 Combo smoke detectors from Lowes and the first one did not pair right away. I then removed the batteries, held the button then put them back but still nothing. Tried again but held the button for a few seconds after I put the batteries in and it picked it right up. Did the same thing right off the bat with the second and it paired right up.
Those having trouble pairing these, just try holding the button a little longer. That seems to be the trick :smile:

4 Likes

My Lowe’s (only one I’ve tried) had six dimmers and price-matched the picture (with yellow $10 sticker) from my phone; $9/ea.

I’m in Houston and cant seem to find any of these magical scores. If someone has or can get their hands on a few outdoor modules, I will gladly pay for them plus shipping costs! Also, if you find a surplus of other items, let me know as I will most likely be interested :smile:

1 Like

Current Amazon lightning deal on wall mount for Tablets $9.99

2 Likes