Current Device Deals & Best Prices (link to new thread at bottom of thread)

Too bad it’s not the Ultimate Home version.

Not sure what’s different on the remote itself, but the hub is upgradable to Home Control

The “home” versions of the remotes that don’t have a touch screen have four extra buttons that you can use specifically to toggle home control devices.

I don’t know if there’s any difference between the remotes that do have the touch screen. There’s nothing obvious.

1 Like

GE 12722 light switch is $35 on Amazon, $5 off the usual price, then an additional %15 off at checkout if you buy from the amazon.com seller.

2 Likes

Here’s the deal page for GE on Amazon.

“Through September 13, 2015, receive 15% off select GE Products when shipped and sold by Amazon.com.”

1 Like

Thanks. The %15 off sale has been going on for a couple of days, but today the 12722 has dropped by an additional 5 bucks.

I’m getting a 404 when I hit that link?

1 Like

Bought 8 more of the GE switches. Thanks! Toying with the idea of using them for ventilation fans as well.

Home Depot continues to carry the Cree connected bulbs for $14.97 as an everyday price, significantly less then any Amazon seller has them for. :sunglasses:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cree-Connected-60W-Equivalent-Soft-White-2700K-A19-Dimmable-LED-Light-Bulb-BA19-08027OMF-12CE26-1U100/205757730

3 Likes

Zwaveproducts.com has a new bundle:

1 Minimote and
1 Dragontech plug in module ( zwave plus repeater)

For $39.99.

http://www.zwaveproducts.com/Zwave-Bundles/Z-Wave-Lighting-Kits/Dragon-Tech-PA-100-Aeon-Labs-Minimote-Z-Wave-Plus-Kit-2pc.html

However you look at it, that’s a pretty good deal. :sunglasses:

Weirdly, Dragontech also released a dimmer version, the PD100, that doesn’t accept grounded plugs. So good for some table lamps, but not much else. Bundle price on that one is $37.99.

2 Likes

The touchscreen versions have an IR transmitter built on the remote itself. Useful if you have a projector in the room, with your a/v equipment hidden in a different room. You can point the remote in your hand at the projector to turn it on when you press an activity, while the RF-to-IR stuff happens back by the hub.

1 Like

I just picked up a Securify smart zigbee plug on ebay for $29. They had 10 left I believe. I’m going to use it to shut off my drop cam when we get home as well as have it extend my zigbee signal for better presence fob performance.

Interesting idea for Dropcam privacy. Have you tested the concept by unplugging it daily for a few hours, then seeing how it reconnects when it gets power again? Or unplugging it for most of the day, and only plugging it in for a few hours, for several days?

I have. So far it starts back up every time. I will be nervous and probably check it for a month.

I have a similar setup but using Lorex Ping cameras and Aeon Smart Switch. I have had it setup that way for several months. So far it has been working well.

I did this when I first got my dropcam just to try it out in the house. I did it with a wemo switch and it worked just fine. Most annoying thing is you will get a push notification from dropcam if your camera has been off for a certain amount of time.

Wanted to put out an update:
Been using this thermostat (IS-ZW-TSTAT-100) for over a month now with absolutely no issues at all. And I see it is now selling for even less on eBay,$18 free shipping, And one seller even has an “Or Best Offer” listed with a Buy it Now of $22, might be a good opportunity to low ball them and pick up a bargain.

I also did some research and found out that it was made by “Radio Thermostat” for GE. Radio Thermostat is also the maker of the CT-30 and CT-100, and it uses the same Z-Wave module. SmartThings recognizes it as a “Z-Wave Thermostat.” It has been discontinued by GE, hence the cheap prices on eBay.

1 Like

I want to get a bunch of open/close sensors. Which ones are the best value while being reliable?

GoControl kit is cheap WNK01-21KIT includes 2 windows sensors and one motion sensor, works very well (3 months working)

1 Like

@fightingmajor- did you stop doing this? If so can you tell me why? Because of the notification?