Current Device Deals & Best Prices (link to new thread at bottom of thread)

@rag1998, I saw this in the device type comments:

• Notes: For the Inactivity Timeout to update or Battery level (only for the first time),
  • you have to open the Motion Sensor and leave it open for a few seconds and then close it.
  • This triggers the forced Wake up so that the settings can take effect immediately.

I changed the code to remove the Configure button because it’s not needed. I put it there for my testing only and forgot to remove it.

Does the open/close sensors in the $50 Gomotion bundle report temperatures also?

@Jkimrey, no they’re just basic open/close sensors.

Okay thanks.

Was thinking about using one of them for the mailbox, just not sure if the signal would reach.

Any idea what the range is?

If you have a Meijer near you, the store near me had several items on clearance, including Link bulbs for as low as $14 and Quirky Trippers for $35 a pair.

My store only had a couple of each. They were in the electronics section.

Woot has the Harmony Smart Control for sale today – $59.99 + $5 shipping (+ tx)

1 Like

Looks like that is just the controller though, no hub. The ultimate home touchscreen with hub is $189 Logitech Harmony Ultimate Touch Screen Remote

Pretty much right in line for what the refurbs / NOS have been going for on Fleabay

Not sure why you think there’s no hub there. Logitech part number is 915-000194- Harmony Smart Control. It has to have the hub for the phone app to work. It’s the older Smart Control unit, so no dedicated buttons on the remote, but it would work. I already have a Harmony One remote that does everything, outside of the HA buttons, so adding a smart hub alone would work for me (and others, too I am sure) Getting the remote is just kinda a nice throw-in. But yeah, it’s priced similarly to ebay sellers

Why ? Simple it doesn’t show or list a hub. Listed as " controller with phone app". Description says " It also works with Harmony Hub for control of devices in closed cabinets." " Works with your Harmony hub" tells me that it does not come with the hub.
1st rule of online shopping, if it is not listed it is not included.

1 Like

In regards to the Harmony deal the remote itself retails new for like $30 so if it was just that it doesn’t make too much sense that they would be clearing it out on Woot for double the price. Looking at the product descriptions on Amazon etc. they are very similar in not being specific about the hub despite it being included, and almost all the same pics/product name so I’m going to take the risk and see what I get.

Someone in the comments who appears to be from Woot says it does come with the hub.

For what its worth this is the ebay one that is basically the same price:

I really want one and trying to decide if I want to jump on it :smile:

I bought 2 =D. I also assume it includes the hub, but emailed woot to confirm I’ll let you guys know if it doesnt.

now does this only work for one TV or if i buy this setup could i get harmony to integrate with all of my tvs? I have a older harmony remote in the basement with my HT setup. However, that works fine for now and am hesitant to spend more money to convert that unless I can use it for multiple TVs

You’re only going to be able to use it in one location. Think about the hub as the remote. The app/ST sends the commands to the hub/IR emitter, so that would be in one location. You’d need multiple hubs for multiple TV’s, but anything in that same location (DVD/Blu-ray/Receiver, etc) would be covered by that one hub.

1 Like

thanks! Based on that i will keep as is then.

Didn’t the Amazon offer from a few days ago have the newer remote with the dedicated light buttons? This one doesn’t appear to have them.

Are you certain that the old Harmony One will work with the Harmony Control Hub? I was under the impression it was not compatible. I searched the Logitech forums but can’t find a definitive answer. I have one too so I hope the answer is yes.

The original Harmony One is not compatible with the Hub. The Hub requires a remote that has the newer RF integration for communication. The Harmony One was IR only.

2 Likes

The Harmony One works independently from the Hub. The One uses IR and controls the devices directly. The new remotes with the Hub communicate to the Hub then the Hub communicates to the devices.

1 Like

@Jkimrey, that’s a good question. I have so many powered zwave GE devices (I have a large mesh network) in my house that all the battery powered devices are no more than 15-20 feet away from 2 or even 3 of those powered devices. Supposedly you should be no further than 100ft line-of-sight to a powered zwave device that can act as repeater in your mesh network.