Current Device Deals & Best Prices (link to new thread at bottom of thread)

My local Lowes had them on a manager’s clearance cart for 90% off. My 2 dimmers and 2 outdoor switches were $4 each. I also got 2 Nyce tilt sensors for $3.50 each, but returned them because 1, they dont work with ST, 2, I already have a tilt sensor on my garage door.

2 Likes

Wow, the rebate for the Rachio through the water company is $120. That makes my total cost after the amazon sale just less than $50 + tax.

2 Likes

I’m from Ontario Canada and I’ll have to agree with this. I can buy the ge switches locally but there $65 for on/off and $70 for a dimmer plus our awesome 13% sales tax. I live about 5 min from the border and once in the USA it’s only a 20 min drive to lowes. Our banks are around 30% exchange rate too but lucky for me my mom works at a winery and I trade her dollar for dollar. It’s definitely worth the the trip for me.

BB deal of the day Friends of Hue LED lightstrip 2 2m strips and Hue hub 40% off $119

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/philips-friends-of-hue-120-lumen-12w-lightstrip-luminaire-starter-kit-15w-equivalent-6-6-multicolor/3286197.p?id=1219090034698&skuId=3286197

1 Like

Staples has a 25% off coupon for in store purchases good until November 15.
http://www.staples.com/coupons/?icid=HP:HP:DEALSDROP:COUPON:TEXT:WEEKLY:20140101:0

There are a few z-wave products that might be a good deal…

1 Like

From 11/18 - 11/25 Lowes will have the Iris Home Automation Comfort and Control Kit on sale for $109. Use Lowes Coupon Generator located here to save $20 off. So for $89 you are getting 1 smart plug, 1 motion sensor, 2 door sensors and the smart button. Not a bad deal.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_753204-41277-9404-L___?productId=999929892&pl=1&Ntt=iris

13 Likes

oh that “LeakSmart Rough Brass Quarter-Turn Straight Valve” looks interesting. Its a water shutoff valve, Would that work with Smartthings? Device Type?

2 Likes

Yup.

2 Likes

Good price on the outdoor module also. :sunglasses:

1 Like

…and these all work just fine? Damn, not bad at all.

1 Like

The pairing process seems to be annoyingly fiddly, and you may need a custom device type that the community has created, but definitely people have all of these working now. :sunglasses:

Anyone know of a way to check inventory on the GE (Iris compatible) clearance items at Lowe’s?

1 Like

There is none i know off once they remove the old from current to clearance they are not reflected on the web site.

the only possible was is to actually call the store and ask them to see if they have any of the specific SKU in stock. They will show up on the store computers, just not the web site.

1 Like

The outdoor modules are a good buy because there is no other alternative and works well. I can vouch they work but poorly made with the rubber cover coming off with no way to putting it back. Couple of guys posted links to how to cover the outdoor outlets in old houses but it does not help. The plug on this outdoor module and will stick out and is really weird and guaranteed to leave your outdoor electric outlet in more than half open position. I am sorry how exactly to explain it but I posted an image earlier and now.

You can try this site, I’ve had some luck with it before

http://brickseek.com/inventory-check/lowes

3 Likes

Nice find. Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, even though the 4 local stores I have checked in the past 48 hours have some of all of these models we’ve been talking about, and even though they are still marked at regular prices, none of them are showing up in this search…and this thing brought up the closest 10 stores. So, it looks like it’s isle-zombie season. YMMV

Thanks for this! I’ve been looking to replace the white-hot halogen pucks under our cabinets for a while but couldn’t quite stomach the full price of the strips. These’ll do quite nicely.

I’ve been looking to get a few of these for a while now and with Christmas coming I will have to jump on this. Was hoping to get a few at $10 but that does not seem like it’s going to happen so this will have to do.

1 Like

You just need to replace your outlet cover with one of the oversized ones with the holes in the bottom to allow the cords to hang out. Of course that doesn’t help the outlet on the GE module, but it does protect your actual home outlet from the weather.

3 Likes

Will try to get my hands on one! Thanks a lot.