Currant Energy-monitoring WiFi Smart Plugs now capable with Smartthings

Excellent. We need a 20 amp outlet in the extended ecosystem. :sunglasses:

Will be really interested to hear your journey with the Sense product. I’ve read it could take weeks to identify everything.

Very cool to see this app/integration with ST available, hopefully sense comes out with a better API in the near future.

1 Like

Has anyone tried these yet? Do they show up in the Classic App and can you use custom rule engines such as webCoRE?

1 Like

Hi Ront. I think you have something that I am looking for exactly. I have a smart plug that my wife uses for her curling iron/hair straightener. I’d like to be notified if the outlet is consuming above a certain amount of power for a certain amount of time. Maybe even turn off the outlet automatically after this time. I have downloaded Core and locally published it to my smart apps. Can you send me this code maybe with some basic instructions on how to get it running on Core?

The integration between Currant and ST is pretty poor.

1. You can turn the switch (outlet 1/2) off from ST but then it will show disabled in ST until the switch is turned back on either by physical push or push through the Currant app. Every time, reproducible.

2. Device type doesn’t allow the switch or the energy monitoring to show up in Webcore.

3. Energy Monitoring is extremely slow and unreliable through the wifi. If switch gets turned off, again unavailable including the energy monitoring portion.