Creating a ST account not Samsung

Jason,

I figured it out (not a fix for you but the source)

So when we participated in the account migration beta, a new location was added to all of our accounts. If I login to IDE I see both my original location with everything and the new Home one which I renamed to zHome (it has nothing in it and no hub).

So I just switched my location in the SmartApp to be zHome and sent an invite to my other email address. Logged into my laptop and accepted invitation and logged in via the web. Sure enough, if I look at locations logged in under that account I see zHome.

Went back to ST App and that user shows.

So even though I login to my Samsung account now, the original Location must have something stored somewhere that it was originally created under SmartThings, while the bogus Home location that got created was created under the Samsung account.

Lol what a cluster f! Break out that bong in the kitchen.

So Jimmy is half right, but I think it’s based on Location (created on account) versus being on Samsung account now that we have been migrated. The pointer for our original Location created prior to may has some other identifying factor back to SmartThings.

1 Like

But what you posted in that last post that you don’t want to receive any notifications on the tablet that you are running ActionTiles on, I don’t know why you even need to bother installing the ST app on it. You have ActionTiles, no need for the app if you have ST app on other devices already. It was a fun journey tracking this down though.

So now after sending like 5 invites for the original Location, when I first login or toggle between the two locations in the Smart App when you first select the Hamburger from the Dashboard page I see in big bold red text “Not enrolled” right next to Notifications. It’s there for a fraction of a second and disappears, but I can repeat that each and every time now.

You gotta love this system, lol.

1 Like

It’s a love / hate relationship.

Yes, it absolutely is.

New development. So support got back to me and basically said to create the samsung account all will be good. So I created the account and I was able to accept the invitation from St. I was then able to create the contact in my contacts. Then I noticed on the new contact that the push address was some weird id, so figured that was because I did not use the new account on the tablet. So I went home at lunch and tried to use the new account to log into the tablet. When I did that it takes me to some weird page telling me that I need to either use samsung internet or chrome to log into the app of which I have both installed. So I tried again, same issue. I tried with my normal ST login worked perfect.

So here we are I have everything created but I cannot log into the tablet with the samsung account. Any ideas?

I believe this is the same message others are receiving.

Is this the “Is Optimized for the following browsers” message?

Is this what you are getting?

0815a40e5ddc75711ea2cc4e7ae658cfcdd19cef_1_281x500

Yes, that is exactly it…

Yes, that is the one.

yup, the Samsung Login page doesn’t like certain devices/browsers. Is this a Fire tablet? I couldn’t get any browser to work with their page on my Fire Tablet.

1 Like

Here’s the thread for that:

I think you guys should get together and let support know that’s a major issue and you are running normal tech versus the phone the other guy is using in that other thread. Read that first.

1 Like

Yes, this is a fire tablet.

technically the Fire Tablet isn’t supported since there isn’t a a SmartThings app in the Amazon App store. I’m still going to email support so they see the need,

1 Like

Did they change something for you specifically or did they change something that will allow all that we’re ST accounts? I deleted that 2nd Home location this morning (that was the one I was able to send accept invite on). I will try and send invite to my original location and see if that works now.

Ya, support must have fixed the invitation accept link because I had no issues accepting. It just automatically showed up

No, I don’t think they understand the issue. So I just emailed them back and used your screen shot to show them what I get when I try to login. However, I just went thru the post you linked above and one guy said he could login on an old version if that is the case I should just be able to download an old version install it, login and then update to the most recent version. Will have to wait until 5:30 for that.

Let me know how that works.

I will, I have 2.2.7 saved on my phone, I use ES file explorer and that will let you backup any apk on your phone. So I have a backup of every version of the ST app since I started. Comes in handy big time when I don’t like the newest update or they messed something up, I just revert back to my backup.

3 Likes