CoRE unable to use Time

I’ve recently installed CoRE and love it. Everything was working well until I attempted to install Ask Alexa. This process went badly and I ended up deciding to tear the system down, uninstall and reinstall my smartthings Hub. Since I did this CoRE is unable to use any Time or Time/Date triggers or conditions. When I select Time as a capability and then tap Comparison, I get the list of Comparisons but when I tap “is between” for example the screen goes blank. Tapping “Done” gives the message “Error - bad state. Unable to complete page configuration.”

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled everything and simply can’t get it to work. OAuth is activated and CoRE is the only SmartApp installed at the moment. Any ideas how to resolve this?

Edit: enabling debugging and looking at the Live Logging yielded these error messages while trying to create a Date/Time Condition:
3a725f8b-b2db-4445-a0bb-086533c86f2e 12:01:38 PM: error ║ ERROR: Error while executing pageCondition: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getOffset() on null object @ line 8611
3a725f8b-b2db-4445-a0bb-086533c86f2e 12:01:38 PM: error ║ ERROR: Error evaluating condition: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getOffset() on null object @ line 8611

Thanks

Check your IDE settings if you have Time Zone set. Some have changed the location of the geofence (in the ST app) to somewhere far and then set it back to the correct address to reset it.

2 Likes

Well, hallelujah! That’s what it was. For the record I went into the smartthings app and the location of my hub was erroneously set to San Jose, California. I clicked on the map and moved the pin manually to my home location, Saved out of it and CoRE started working.

Thanks a lot for the 5 minute response time eibyer!

2 Likes