[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE design process

I click Resume, this is the log.

I go back to main page, nothing in log but when I go back to the piston. Not sure if it’s supposed to pause on purpose?

It’s not paused. Hard refresh your browser, or clear cache - lots of things changed on Sunday.

Update to latest, as well…

v0.0.024.20170307 - ALPHA - Improved logs (reverse order and live updates) and added trace support

Newer code got me some logging activity.

1 Like

v0.0.026.20170308 - ALPHA - More bug fixes, trace enhancements

4 Likes

I don’t suppose you could throw up a screen shot of a piston that has 3 motion sensors and 1 switch and lights turn off after no motion from any of the 3 for 1 min? Just trying to wrap my head around how to use this.

I’m sure there will be a whole topic on Piston (SE) examples and help just like CoRE!
I shall capture all the examples and explanations just like I did with CoRE and create new “Documents of Confusion”. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will, as soon as the waits work

@jasonrwise77 what exactly do you want it to do?

1 Like

v0.0.027.20170308 - ALPHA - Very early implementation of wait/delay scheduling, needs extensive testing

Who wants to do some testing please?

What’s (supposed to be) working:

• conditions
  • most device commands, but stick to simple on/off, refresh, etc.
  • virtual commands, only waits are implemented so far
  • asynchronous statements (they execute in parallel, allowing normal flow of the script to continue even if the async statement runs into a wait)

What’s not working yet:

• timed conditions are not fully implemented (did not change in so much time, etc)
  • triggers - do not try any triggers, you’ll get errors
  • location modes
  • SHM states
  • time conditions (you can’t even select time between or anything time related)
  • TOS and TCP are not yet implemented - if you use large waits, you’ll find out they overlap, run in parallel

But you can do motion > light > delay, etc.

Don’t forget to open the trace view :slight_smile: it’s pretty cool, I think

Thank you guys

How to get to Trace View? On the logging, will it show piston execution/etc?

Hard refresh browser. View piston, wait, figure it out LOL

Hint:

1 Like

Updated …but I like time conditions :cry: … gonna play anyway … as always :smile:

1 Like

Well, they’re coming, just not there yet

Understood … I’ll miss the “between”-variable-not-defined-yet message :wink:

Are you talking about the suggestions to create variables while editing expressions?

Yup … as in “between {$sunrise) and {$sunset}” …

Oh the variables exist, the expression builder doesn’t know yet :wink: quick fix

1 Like

Man, for an alpha version, this looks so much nicer than some production apps/software out there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A piston for my stairs something that I can Learn from. I have 3 motion sensors on my stairs and 1 light switch. This is what I am looking to build.
Motion from any 1 of the 3 turns lights on
Motion goes inactive on all 3
Wait 1 min turn lights off
Cancel on piston state change if that is how it still works
And this happens between 5 pm and 10 pm

@chauger, 80% of 41 voters say your icon is a go, so I’ll take PNGs please, transparent background, I think they need to be 60x60 and 120x120? Not sure, I gotta look up the documentation.

Time conditions don’t work yet.

Cancel on piston state change doesn’t work yet, working to implement it. Piston states will be either automatic (true/false) or custom (you get to set the state with a task to whatever value you want).

This won’t yet work because the cancel on condition change is not yet working, so the result will be weird…

but here’s how it would look like:

1 Like