[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE design process

So I’ve been trying to follow webCoRE development. Nice job Adrian on the hard work. Has it already been discussed that viewing a piston from the dashboard in Safari on iPad IOS 10 only shows the graph in portrait orientation. Seems to show some additional info when turn to landscape but no piston details at bottom & disappears (except for graph) if try to scroll window?

Will look into it, wasn’t aware of it, thank u

My iPad 4 with iOS 10 shows fine in both portrait and landscape mode… not sure why…

Added some status updates during network operations.

2 Likes

@ady624 In the interest of keeping it simple, is the “Show Complex IF’s” option really necessary? Adding a nested IF statement within the ELSE block has the same effect, no?

They are different.

The complex IF is the one that has else if () {} in it. In essence:

if (a) else if (b) else if © else (d) end if;

will only run one of the 4 procedures, a, b, c, or d. Not two of them, not none of them, always one. In essence, it acts as a switch with dynamic conditions (a switch compares a fixed expression to various values).

Nesting an IF does not do the same as concatenating ELSE IFs.

1 Like

Nesting another IF within the ELSE block should be equivalent, just not as nicely formatted.

Unless I’m missing something with CoRE’s implementation, this:

if (x)
   (a)
else if (y)
   (b)
else if (z)
   (c)
else
   (d)
end if

is functionally equivalent to:

if (x)
   (a)
else
   if (y)
      (b)
   else
      if (z)
         (c)
      else
         (d)
      end if
   end if
end if

That is correct, the two are identical, though the first is much easier to read. I don’t see how that option could complicate things? It is not selected by default…

Agreed on the first being easier to read. I’m probably overthinking it. I usually try to simplify (or at least consolidate) when there are multiple ways of achieving the same goal.

So the problem lies between the monitor and the chair then :wink: just kidding. Can’t replicate it though ;( you did select devices, right?

So you do get the window to select the method and hit Create, right?

can you refresh in safari, see if you get any alert? Trying to catch the errors and output them as alerts…

What app did you use for the motion screen capture?

@ady624 hey just wanted to say I updated everything and installed both webcore and the piston and I am able to add and manipulate things on my iPhone. Just wanted to shed some good light on your work. @anon36505037 you might be a lone wolf on some of these issues you are reporting.

I will point out something I did notice and it’s probably just not implemented yet but the triggers “changes” and “changes to” both read as “changes” but they come up in the code editor respectively.

LOL The most useless of all errors. Try again please, I am now trying to get the javascript errors…

Thank you, I fixed that, will be out with the next published version.

1 Like

Now that is music to my ears :wink:

What iOS do you have?! That is the ECMAScript 6 polyfill find function. I guess I will replace it (write my own). I am running on iOS 10.2 and it works just fine…

array.find( object => condition )

It’s the > it is complaining about…

1 Like

Ok so I am actually on 10.1 (14B72) and it works just fine…

I am on 10.1.1 just FYI