[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE design process

Everything in CoRE will be implemented in CoRE SE plus a lot more. This is just alpha testing.

2 Likes

Hi @ady624.
Really liking what I’m seeing here and have around 5 running now and they are working well.
I do have a feature request though. :blush:

If I wish to build a series of tasks I can use the “Add More” button and gradually build the series of commands up.
Would it be possible to show the commands that have already been defined?
That way as you build up the series you can see what has been input so far.
Personally I just think it would make it more ‘friendly’.
I appreciate you have enough to do without minor things like this but just thought I would ask.
Keep up the good work. 12/10 so far. :smile:

1 Like

Will we get date and time? Right now the only if I can select is a physical or virtual device, or variable, constant or expression.

I think that’s why he added the “Wait” task first lol.

2 Likes

The wait was the most complicated task actually - it built the framework for the whole async/sync and all the delays and interrupting tasks to follow.

v0.0.039.20170313 - ALPHA - The Switch statement should now be functional - UI validation not fully done

2 Likes

Oh, I believe you, I was referring to more like Wait == Patience :expressionless:

2 Likes

Conditions should now have better rendering and have also enabled some rendering caching to help with CPU (dynamic text in the piston code is cached to speed up re-rendering).

Also, the switch statements have an advanced option called Case Traversal Policy with two options:

• Safe - only one matching case is executed, or default is executed if no match. Breaks at the end of each case are implicitly added
  • Fall-through mimics the programmer style switch where a break is explicitly required to exit the switch, otherwise the matched case is run and then the next ones, including default, until a break is found or the end of the switch is reached

Note: since you can add additional logic inside a case, with IFs and what not, any break statement inside the case (or it’s child statements or it’s child’s child statements etc) will terminate the switch. When nesting more loops and switches, break exits the inner-most statement that supports breaks (these are: for, while, repeat, and switch),

1 Like

Can anyone please test the switch statement? Please?

I am attempting to build a statement with a switch statement, but it will not allow me to add a case statement within. The default statement works fine, but I click the add button to add new case statement and nothing happens. I am using the latest version of webCoRE on Google Chrome.

Please hard refresh the browser.

Interesting error, thought you might like to see, did I break it, LOL.

Just hard refreshed and cleared cache. The button is definitely showing that it is being pressed, but nothing happens. I am forced to cancel in order to exit “add case statement” screen. I’m trying to add a constant by the name of “Dusk”.

I just tried on my iphone and it works. Any error in the browser’s dev console?

I think there is a typo somewher, how did u get the error?

Here is the piston, either I wrote it wrong or something is not right, it says kitchen door open when I open the door and says front door closed when I close the kitchen door.

Yes, here is dev console output:

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘cs’ of undefined
at b.$scope.updateCase (piston.module.js:683)
at fn (eval at compile (components.min.js:218), :4:232)
at f (components.min.js:258)
at b.$eval (components.min.js:138)
at b.$apply (components.min.js:139)
at HTMLButtonElement. (components.min.js:259)
at HTMLButtonElement.dispatch (components.min.js:3)
at HTMLButtonElement.q.handle (components.min.js:3)

You need to hard refresh the browser. Conditions should be properly rendered now. Should not say “changes_to”

Looks like you’re not running the very last. Please press F12 in Chrome, then right click on the Refresh and click on Empty cache and hard reload. Alternatively, go to the Network tab in the dev console and tick “Disable cache”, then refresh the page.

Please let me know how that worked.

I’ve just disabled cache in the meta tags of the page. Hopefully that helps.

Refreshed, changes_to is now changes to, error still there.