CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

Ok, I’ll give latching a try and see if that fixes it.

Latching + only on state change. Make sure you enable that option, very important

1 Like

Thermostat. I have the Radio Thermostat CT50…also called Filtrete 50…they were sold at Home Depot and are WiFi. I have it working with ST as far as changing the temp and “Ask Alexa” telling me the setpoint. When I am going to be away from home, I go into the Radio app and set to the “Away” mode… I would like to use Core to do that via ST when the condo is in “Away” mode. Thing is, I could not find an Away option in Core…( I think some thermostats call it vacation). Anyone have the CT 50 setup with Core? Thanks

No custom command available that might set that mode?

Not that I could figure out.

Anyone? I am not having any luck with this. I’ve tried rebuilding the simple if then several times with the front door contact and different lights, and nothing every happens.

Post a fresh pic please?

@acs680

Change door is open

To

Door changes to open

Tried that too. Nothing happens.

@acs680

I have to ask… Is the light switch on?

Yes. I’ve got the porch light mounted by the door, as well as recessed lights on the porch on a separate switch. Works with neither. Had this rule in rule machine prior to attempting to change last night.

Can you please enable logs in the piston main page? (advanced options) - then look in the IDE as you open the door. Post the logs here please?

Those are not CoRE logs. Is the door contact status updating in the ST app? Are you sure the sensor is working?

Wow. No, it isn’t. Doesn’t show anything. Nor does my back door. They were working fine prior to last night as RM was working with the front door. The contact shows the temp and battery level, so I assume that means it sees it? How else can I test them?

Well, so when you open the door the status doesn’t change in ST? Check the Recent tab for that device. You should see there the last time an event happened from that device…

Are they iris sensors?

If yes, open the door, take the battery out for ten seconds, put it back in.

You must have the door open when you do this

noob here… again…:slight_smile:

I am not clear on when/where the “cancel on piston state” option is in regards to creating a Piston. I’ve read it being used a few times with other Peeps, but I’m not sure where that exact option is.

Thanks!

No, status doesn’t change. Recent is blank on both of them as well. They are the Smartthings Multi sensors.