CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

good idea.

i did try that and it didn’t work either.

the other thign to point out was even tho the conditions were true (it said true in the piston config) the Current State: False was showing at the top.

am i missing a different type of trigger point? does time and temp not work as a trigger?

What I did for my thermostat pistons was wrapped them in a trigger. What this will do is check if the thermostat temperature has changed at all, and then checks the next conditions on if the temp changed.

So in your case, I would do this…

If ENSUITE THERMOSTAT TEMPERATURE changes

Then

If TIME is between 4AM & 7:55AM
and
ENSUITE THERMOSTAT TEMPERATURE is less than or equal to 15
and
ENSUITE THERMOSTAT is not HEAT

Then

With ENSUITE THERMOSTAT
do
Set HEAT
Set HEATING POINT to 27

Else If TIME is between 4AM & 7:55AM
and
ENSUITE THERMOSTAT TEMPERATURE is less than or equal to 15
and
ENSUITE THERMOSTAT is HEAT

Then

With ENSUITE THERMOSTAT
do
Set HEATING POINT to 27

1 Like

awesome thank you. will give it a try

for the final THEN was that meant to be turning if off?

either way i understand.

Nah.

So the first then turns on the heat if it’s not on and sets the heating point. The second then sees the heat is on and just sets the heating point.

got it thank you

I’m just curious if this worked for you. I was having similar issues, and I found wrapping my entire string in that if conditional did the trick.

Mine actually looks for any change in the outside temp, inside temp or the home’s location mode. So if it sees a change in any of those, then it starts checking the values and making adjustments as needed.

I receive a push alert every time my thermostat changes modes, which is why I have that check if the thermostat is already in a mode before changing modes again. For example, if it’s on cool, I don’t want it to switch to cool since that is redundant.

yep it seems to be working!

1 Like

Hi there. I have seven working CoRE pistons on my iOS devices’s SmartThings SmartApps page under CoRE. However, when I try and add a new one by tapping “Add a CoRE pison”, it pops up a spin icon for a second and nothing else. Repeated tapping does the same thing. I can open and tap all the other buttons on that page. Has anyone run into this or have any suggestions? When I enable all debug logs in the settings and watch the Live Logging page, the only thing I see is a dashboard http link. I’ve tried closing and restarting the app and no change.

Thanks

**UPDATE**
It looks like I have to be logged in as the primary account holder to do this. The shared account can’t initiate a CoRE piston.

Hi,

Just installed webCoRE thanks to the super helpful video on youtube. Set up my first piston and when I hit the execute button and the test, it works. But it doesn’t work in real life :slight_smile: Any ideas? Trying to attach copy of piston but not sure if it is coming through.

Thanks for any help! :slight_smile:

I would recommend moving the time above the contact sensor in the if statement.

Or, have a could conditionals like, “If Contact Sensor 1 changes to open” and “Time is between…”

If you were to have complex “if” statements I would go with:

• “If Time is between” and “Contact Sensor 1 is open”
  • “Else if Contact Sensor 1 changes to open” and “Time is between…”
  • “Else if Contact Sensor 1 stays open” and “Time is between…”

That should catch most use cases I would think.

I have 5 temperature devices. Is there a way to setup a piston and if so can you help me with this, that says if any of the temperatures are below 50 or above 80 send me a message along with the temperatures and readings. I have figured out how to make it send me a massage IF a temperature goes out of bounds. however, I also want it to include ALL of the temperature device names as well as the value so I know where the problem is. this is so I can know if the heat or a/c stops workings or is not working properly.

The way to get it to display the device name is to use {CurrentEventDevice} in your message. I’m unsure how to have it display the actual temp in your message.

Hi All just getting to grips with web core, I want to do the following:

IF
Driveway’s Scene Changes
AND
Driveway’s level is less than or equal to 20%
OR
Front door’s contact changes to open
Then
Do this

the problem I have is, when I create the 3rd statement and change the operator to an ‘OR’, both operators change to an ‘OR’

so i can only have the following two statements

if 1 AND 2 AND 3 then
if 1 OR 2 OR 3 then

neither of which is what I want. Is there any way around this?

You need to do the first 2 conditions in a group. Just thew this together as an example.

1 Like

perfect sorted thanks!

Ok another quick question. I’m using a sensor to trigger a routine. The problem i appear to be having is, the sensor can trip multiple times for the same event. I’m not sure how webcore is handling it.

I want the sensor to trip, a Light to fade on over 2 seconds, stay on for 10 mins, and then fade to off over 20 seconds

what happens is, it fades to on then fades to on again and possibly again and sometimes doesn’t go off at all, I think its because each time the sensor trips its starts the whole piston again.

im trying to handle it by setting a variable in the code if the condition is triggered set a variable $running to true run the actions, then set the variable $running back to false. My inital conditions check this variable before running the code. Does this sound like an ok way to handle it or is there a better way?

It would be nice if each time the sensor is tripped it resets the timer but for the time being im happy for it to just time from the first sensor activity. Ill post the code below so you can see what im trying to do.

Question on setting up a piston that I can not figure out. My individual pistons work great but I would like to be able to have them as a single piston if possible since they both control parts of my fountain. I have Switch 1 (S1), Outlet 1,(O1) and Outlet 2 (O2). I currently have 2 pistons setup as follows

Piston-1) if S1 is On and time is between 5p and 10p then turn on O1, Else turn off O1
Piston-2) if S1 is On and time is between Sunset and 10P turn on O2, Else turn off O2

With as amazing as CoRE is I have got to believe there is a way to do this as a single piston. I’m guessing through the groups. I can’t figure out the groups. If someone can help me with setting this up to be one piston that would be great. If it does use groups, after help setting this up I would b\probably have a better understanding of how the groups work. Thanks in advance.

I would suggest something along the lines of a time-based trigger.

“Every minute, but only during the 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, 9pm or 10pm hours do…”

Hi, I’m brand new to CoRE. How do I import pistons? I’m sorry if this gets asked a lot!