CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

Can someone help me with this statement for SHM entry delay? I have this running, but it doesn’t seem to trigger SHM 15 seconds after entry. Am I missing something in the statement?

Try changing your with statement Task Cancellation Policy (TCP) to never.
In edit mode click on the WITH.
Click on the settings cog and change TCP to never.

That seems to have done the trick! Thank you!

No problem.
Just FYI there is now a forum for everything CoRE and webCoRE. Might be better to post here in the future.

Hey, anyone help me speed this piston up? It takes 2-5 seconds for the light to turn on. What I am doing is triggering a dimmer switch via a motion sensor. I have a disable variable built in because sometimes we need the light to be on when there is no motion for a while. This is taken care of in another piston.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I can’t really help speed up the piston but unfortunately the delay might just be the ST cloud processing. I have a simple piston that turns on my garage lights with motion and I experience the same delay. If stuff was executed locally, it would drastically speed things up…

Hi all, can someone tell what’s wrong (if anything?) with this piston that is designed to automatically switch off a simulated presence sensor if motion detectors are not active for 45mins?

Many thanks in advance.download (1)

Hello, people smarter than me. Is there a way to set up the trigger to fire only if there are two movements detected within, say 10 minutes. What I’m trying to do is to set up my thermostat not to be triggered by a single movement, for example when I just momentarily go upstairs, but to get triggered only if there’s multiple movements within X minutes.

Thanks

With this piston, if I turn on the simulated presence sensor and the motion sensors have not detected any activity in the prior 45mins, then they will immediately switch the presence sensor to ‘not present’

What I need to do is start the ‘no motion’ 45min time period only after I switch the simulated presence sensor to ‘present’

Basically, the piston is designed to mitigate the risk of me forgetting to turn off the simulated presence sensor when we’re out and someone needs to get into the house for a period of time, so that the smart home monitor will automatically re-arm after motion is no longer detected. But at the moment I can’t switch on the simulated presence sensor if the house has been quiet for 45mins prior to this point…

I’m sure there’s a simple rule I’m missing that will do this, but I’ve experimented loads now and haven’t been successful, so all help is appreciated!download (2)

Hi,
I’m a highly experienced developer that is having some difficulty growing accustomed to some of the quirks of design of WebCoRE and I’m wondering:

Is it not possible any longer to just say, “Set Variable blah to blah”? I’ve seen screenshots from 6 months ago even that show people just flat out setting a variable, but now it looks like you always have to say, “With Location [blah blah]” which is terribly ugly, surely makes sense to someone and has a reason, but otherwise is represented incredibly more complicated than it needs to be. Or am I missing something painfully obvious?

Here’s an example of a piston that has what I find to be more intuitive, surely (and especially) for beginners: [DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE design process
(And I realize that thread is deprecated, but it’s just an example)

Thanks, --Nick

I believe the “with location” does not show when you save the piston. It only shows it in the editor in case you want to add a device (ie click on the “with location” line)

@ady624 Would you potentially be able to help me figure out the above? I’m sure I’m just going to be missing a simple parameter here, but can’t for the life of me figure it out! Many thanks :slight_smile:

Hi guys,
I am new to CoRE and I am still trying to get my head around it. So my question is…is there a way to use Pushover in a Piston?
I have multiple users using the account and don’t want to spam them with messages. I would like to customise and control each message by using CoRE.
I assume that ‘Make a web request’ might be used but I don’t have any experience and any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

SOLUTION: For everyone else that struggles with this, see https://community.webcore.co/t/send-pushover-notifications/382/7
Excellent guide on how to enable this.

Any way to check to see if a piston has not run? I have a piston that turns on a light at a certain time, but I don’t want it to run if another piston has already turned on other lights. I know I can check to see if those lights are on or not, but I was wanting to try to do it with the piston instead.

Have the first piston set a variable to “1” or whatever and then use that as a condition in the second piston to allow it to run or not based on that value.

Hi everybody,
setting up my first few pistons, but running into some issues. Any idea why my Christmas tree won’t turn off after 10 minutes inactivity on all 3 motion sensors? I can see the 10 minute countdown on all 3 sensors, they switch to ‘pending’ after expired for a few seconds, but then nothing… trees stays on.

Thanks
John

IMG_6087

Thank you! This fixed my issue too…it was driving me nuts!

I have something similar but in WebCore… the setup allows you to select all the sensors and all of them have to have no motion for 10 min and then turn off… Looks like it should work but I haven’t used Core in some time and actually have uninstalled it.

Good afternoon

I have set up a working piston in CoRE that turns heaters on/off depending on whether the reading from a temperature sensor is above or below a certain temperature (which I’ll call ‘x’).

My aim is to set-up some sort of virtual thermostat that I can easily adjust (rather than having to delve into the CoRE piston settings every time the room feels too warm or too cold) to set a desired temperature in degrees celsius (I’ll call this value ‘y’) . I would then look for the y value to be used as the x value, so that x changes as I adjust y.

I’ve searched the forums this morning but I’ve struggled to find a simple thermostat/device in degrees celsius and am not totally sure how to pass the value of y to x.

Hopefully this makes sense. Any help is gratefully received!

Thanks

Hi, I made the switch from Iris to SmartThings a couple of weeks ago and am having trouble setting up CoRE for an entry delay.

I’ve been doing a ton of reading and managed to setup all of my old Iris Keypad, sensors, buttons, & outlets without a glitch.

I’m using LockManager to provide an exit delay and it works great so far.

I’ve been trying to figure out how to setup an entry delay using CoRE for the last few days and it’s got me so confused that I’m lost…

Does anyone have a link to an “example” or “directions” on how to properly setup an entry delay using CoRE?

Also, Is CoRE obsolete and been replaced by WebCoRE?

Thanks
Vic