CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

Thanks, I figured it out. Now I am having difficulty finding the attributes in Webcore?

For this function I use the “Goodbye!” smart routine and put the condition to “Everybody leaves” it works great. Then the “I’m back!” routine disarms it. The only reason to use a Piston would be to do something more advanced when this is triggered. But this could probably also be achieved by the Piston triggering when the home mode changes to “Away”.

Maybe you can glean something from this one: https://wiki.webcore.co/Samples#Motion_Based_EXCEPT_When_Manually_Turned_On

Please forgive me if this is stated somewhere in the 8000+ messages in this thread

I have several Pistons defined in CoRE. Is there any migration route to move Pistons from CoRE to webCore? (I mean like an export / import
 something other than simply recreating all the CoRE pistons manually in webCoRE.)

Thanks!

Hi

This is my first post on here. I am having a strange issue with a piston.

Its a relatively straight forward one to turn on the outside lights between sunset and midnight, if home status is away, otherwise the lights remain off.

However, for some reason it keeps turning them on at sunset regardless of the home / away status.

Just wondering if I have used the correct piston setup as per below:

John

What is the best way to turn on a light for a half hour then off again?

Turn it on, set an alarm, tell the kid to turn it off

:koala:

1 Like

Hi, I’ve been reading a lot but I’m missing information to comprehend all of my readings.

I have a ### piece of thermostat that I can’t control from SmartThings, it does however support IFTTT.

I pretty much figured CoRE and pistons but I can’t get how to make it work with IFTTT maker. IFTTT applets only work with trigger, tough I don’t want IFTTT to evaluate the trigger, I’d rather CoRE send an instruction to change temperature to {temp} after it itself evaluate the trigger.

I’d like to create a virtual thermostat and use CoRE to monitor when the temperature change on this device then send the instructions to the physical device via IFTTT.

I have the feeling it only works the other way around

EDIT : I have found an answer to my questions. I was missing the important part that IFTTT trigger must be set to Webhooks to receive CoRE requests. Now that I know it seems obvious but I’m new at making IFTTT applets so I didn’t think it through. I hope it can be of help to anyone.

Don, my apologies for not getting back to you. I intended to revisit this
later that day, and then lost track of it. Did you ever figure out the
attributes in Webcore? I don’t know how to help you if they’re not showing
up, but I can attest that they display correctly for me. What is it that
you aren’t seeing or having access to?

I have not been on here in a while, busy with life. I did not find an answer to my question on Webcore. If you read this post in this thread it shows what I am talking about.

I unfortunately have not gotten back to working on this. Hopefully soon I can.

Im looking to see if we can have our speaker (Samsung) play a mp3 when switch turns on using CORE or Web Core?

Ok

I think I have CoRE set up but having a little difficulty.
I tried created my first piston, but I get “An Unexpected Error Occurred” when I click done:

What am I getting wrong?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Brian

Check to see if your timezone/location is set right. Here’s some help on how to do it:

Also, you may want to use webCoRE as it uses a web browser for managing everything about your pistons. It’s also newer and supports import of other people’s work.

Thanks

I got webCore working.
Got my first piston to work properly.

1 Like

Hi Everyone, I installed the CoRE SmartApp several months ago in preparation for enabling a bunch of sensors around the house for automation. I now have those sensors and lighting controls in place so I’ve created a couple of pistons just by learning on the fly (I really need to read all the starter guides!) but I’m now seeing stuff on the threads about webCoRE. So what’s the current situation? Is the SmartApp deprecated and webCoRE the thing to use? If so, where do I find instructions on setting up and using webCoRE?

TIA!

Hi,
Is there a way to set up a piston so that I can have my Aeon Doorbell play a particular sound file in response to other events?
IE: if my basement water sensor senses water, then have the doorbell play file #7 that announces that water has been detected in the basement.
I can do that using rule machine to send a custom message (file number) to the doorbell as a music device.

I’d like to be able to do this with CoRE.

Hi,
I’m looking to set up a piston (or series of pistons) and what I’m after is hopefully quite straightforward.
I have a simulated contact sensor which is currently switched from closed to open (and vice versa) upon an event - this bit is fine. What I want to do though is when the trigger event occurs I want there to be a pause before the simulated sensor status is changed.
So:

1. Trigger event 1. occurs (e.g. switch turned on)
  2. Wait 6 seconds
  3. If event is still valid (e.g. switch still on) then open simulated contact sensor.

Can somebody please help me?

Thanks in advance.

That should work fine. You need to make sure the wait and the contact switch action are in the same group. You need to turn on cancel on state change for that action in the advanced section. You should be warned though that ST may not be able to respond as quickly as you would like. I have had instances where a triggered event may take 10-20 seconds to respond. You may find that the action doesn’t cancel because the wait time isn’t long enough
 you’ll have to experiment and see.

I’m struggling to get the “wait” bit to work - it appears to trigger instantly.

Thanks for the pointer on the EXPERT MODE to reveal additional attributes under SmartWeather Station.

I want to trigger the ALERT attribute, but it’s not currently for me. I am able to trigger successfully on:

alertKeys is [“WAT1504190820”]

but this fails (returns FALSE):
alert is Flash Flood Watch

IDE shows the current values as:
alert: Flash Flood Watch
alertKeys: [“WAT1504190820”]

So I don’t know if there is a hidden space in “Flash Flood Watch” that I’m not able to capture or what
 Any ideas??? There’s no way for CoRE to do a wildcard type of evaluation, like:
alert CONTAINS Watch

is there?

Thanks in advance for any help