CoRE - Get peer assistance here with setting up Pistons

is anybody using Bose Soundtouch 10 or 20 to speak or play messages created in webcore?

Thanks that fixed the weather reporting The 2nd example I posted still is not responding

@tommyincville @eric182.
Not trying to be padantic, but this is the CoRE thread not the webCoRE thread.
You might to post your queries there. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks, That the second time of done this. At least with the first time I discovered webCoRE

Alright, I’m frustrated, I understand everything about pistons logically and how they work, and have set up a few of them except I have seen examples that show things like IF “Trigger happens every 30 minutes” but I can’t figure out how to actually set that up, please help.

I am currently trying to do this? Did you ever figure it out?

Timer needs to be a top-level entry, so If Timer is a bad thing. Click where you add a new top-level statement (If, Action) and Timer should be your third option.

You can say something like “every 30 minutes, if X is open, send an SMS”. However, the pistons I’ve written so far haven’t needed the timer – I use triggers (like X opening) and then use waits within the actions. (Though you might need to enable advanced instructions and add a while to achieve the “every 30 minutes” behavior that way.)

I have moved to webcore, and this seems to work. I use nest to give me the weather.

Please somebody save my sanity, I feel like complete idiot :frowning:

Installed shower door sensor to control the bathroom fan ON and OFF with delay 5 minutes when the door opens. Thought that it will be easy but it ain’t so .
Created one piston to turn the fan ON, that’s working great
Second piston for delayed OFF will not wait those 5 min but it will turn the fan OFF immediately when the door opens

Can you please tell me where is my problem?
Thanks

My other plan was also override the bath motion sensor if shower door is closed to keep the light on but wouldn’t even dear to do that now :frowning:

Put the wait 5 mins and the turn off in the same action.
If you edit the piston and look at the wait 5 mins, scroll down and you will see add a task.
Click on it a d put in turn off.
Then delete yohr existing turn off.
Att the moment both tasks will execute at the same time.

1 Like

OMG it’s working !

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Should have asked sooner
:smile:

Ha Ha.
Well done.
As you have probably realised now you can put a group of tasks into one action and they will run sequentially.
Have more than one group of actions and each group will run at the same time.
If you are now getting into this you might want to look at webCoRE.
You can define/edit pistons on your phone or your pc. You can also back them up or copy in/duplicate other peoples which also stops a lot of head sratching.
Makes life a lot easier.

1 Like

Newbie question- just built my first Piston in the app on my phone. Is there a way to view/edit/create Pistons on the computer?

Only by using 'son of CoRE '.
webCoRE does the trick.

1 Like

I’ve switched to webcore, but one of the pistons I’d like to try to do does not seem to be supported yet, and I was hoping maybe someone had done that here.

I have three smart locks. I want to run a piston when the door is locked using the button on the outside.
it shows up in smartthings as door was locked with Code 0. It is different than someone manually locking the door from the inside. That just shows as door was manually locked.

Ultimately I can think of a few things I might do based on who unlocked the door, and this is the start. Any help is appreciated.

Can someone tell me why my lights never turn off around midnight with this piston?

Because the “time happens” is a trigger and “time is” is a condition, and when you mix them, only the triggers cause things to happen. Replace the trigger with “time is between sunset and midnight” and use a simple piston instead, turn tge lights off on the else

1 Like

Im having an issue with this goodnight piston. it triggers at 8:30pm, seems to work perfectly, but at 8:35pm the familyroom lights bump back up to 93%, after they faded to 35%. The piston isnt set up to do that and i cant find a good reason why its doing it
 any ideas?

Are you sure there is nothing else fighting over the device with you? Like a CoRE piston?

Nothing i can see. I have CoRE still on my app list but no pistons named "Good Night"
In fact last night when it did this the Piston name was "Good Night."
So I ended up deleting it completely, rebuilding it and now its named "Good Night"
And last night looking at all those logs it reflected the Period, and now the period is gone. Making me think its coming from the same rebuilt Piston.